NIVAC on sale 44% off for $249

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 138
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:33 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/5459/niv-application-commentary-new-testament

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:47 AM

Very Nice, I don't think dynamic pricing is enabled.

https://www.logos.com/product/5459/niv-application-commentary-new-testament

Posts 30483
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 7:58 AM

Everett Headley:
I don't think dynamic pricing is enabled.

Generally it isn't for Z products. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:19 AM

I'm just wondering what people think of these. I have'nr got any in my collection yet so I can't  really see if they are worth the investment. , Thanks

Posts 121
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:55 AM

I bought the whole series a while back on sale based on reviews I had read. I read completely through the Esther Volume by Jobes and thought it was incredible. I have used the series sporadically in my study and found most of the volumes to be pretty good. Like most commentary series, some volumes are better than others.

It is not divided verse by verse, but instead by sections. Each section is analyzed for Original Meaning, Bridging Contexts, and Contemporary Significance. The main goal is to give the overall idea of the passages for those it was written to and apply them to today.  I may not always agree with the focus of the application, but it always gives some interesting insight. I will study the passage, check other commentaries for more indepth study, and come to this set last to get an idea of how to apply. It could also be read as a book overview since they are very readable.

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 8:58 AM

Thanks very much David. It does sound like a worthwhile investment then,

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 9:25 AM

alabama24:

Everett Headley:
I don't think dynamic pricing is enabled.

Generally it isn't for Z products. 

This is true. It's unfortunate that Zondervan has restrictions on sales/bundling/dynamic pricing for their resources, as people generally wouldn't pay twice for volumes that they already owned.

Last December, Zondervan did put the NIVAC and WBC sets on sale, and surprisingly offered dynamic pricing during the sale for anyone who wanted to complete their set(s). That only seems to happen every couple of years.

FYI, when the big sales happen, the discounts usually are steeper (~60%). The NIVAC price per volume was $9.99.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 9:55 AM

Nice but I'm glad I bought the entire set when it was a little over $300 a few months back. Great set! Maybe is not selling as much; hence, the sales on it.

DAL

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:22 AM

DAL:
Maybe is not selling as much; hence, the sales on it.

It's not selling because a) they rarely offer a great deal on the set, and b) rarely offer dynamic pricing. Who'd even want to pay the (full) sale price, if they own some/most of the volumes?

I don't know about most people, but when some expensive item goes on sale for 66% off (which I couldn't afford at the time), then goes on sale for 44% off, I'm going to wait around for the better sale to happen again.

I think that the great sales are too infrequent, or happen at the same time as some other big sale (and you can't afford both items).

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:42 AM

I flat out refuse to buy if there this no dynamic pricing enabled.  It is ridiculous (not to mention the stewardship factors) for a publisher to ask me to pay twice for something.

Posts 639
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:46 AM

David Ruley:

I read completely through the Esther Volume by Jobes and thought it was incredible.

Yes Yes Yes Yes

Even if you don't care for the series, I think everyone should own this volume.

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 12:53 PM

Esther is a great commentary.

The NIVAC OT volumes are, by and large, higher rated on the best commentaries site than the NT volumes. So if this sale were the OT volumes, I'd strongly recommend it. I own all of those.

The NT volumes are more of a mixed bag. I own some, but not all of them. I picked them up at various times when the individual volumes were available on sale. I've used the volumes on Hebrews, Ephesians, Colossians and Philemon, and Philippians enough to recommend them. I have not found the volumes on 1 & 2 Corinthians and the Gospel of John to be of much value to me.

I would not have bought the NT as a set even at the current price, and can't recommend it that way.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 21 2017 2:52 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL:
Maybe is not selling as much; hence, the sales on it.

It's not selling because a) they rarely offer a great deal on the set, and b) rarely offer dynamic pricing. Who'd even want to pay the (full) sale price, if they own some/most of the volumes?

I don't know about most people, but when some expensive item goes on sale for 66% off (which I couldn't afford at the time), then goes on sale for 44% off, I'm going to wait around for the better sale to happen again.

I think that the great sales are too infrequent, or happen at the same time as some other big sale (and you can't afford both items).

They have been on sale at least four times for the last 2 or 3 years.  At one point they had all 42 volumes for $7.99 each!  Later on the better offer has been $9.99 per volume. I got my 42 vol set for $335 and change,  so I'm not planning on selling mine either 😁  I wish the other publishers, too, had sales like this specially the NICOT/NT  which is the only set that I'm interested in buying but for now is only in my Wishlist.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS