Highlighting not working

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 26623
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 10:17 AM

John Bengtson:

Also:  I completely removed and reinstalled the software on my primary laptop to see if that would change anything.  It did not.

The least likely solution for most issues is to delete the app and reinstall. Two reasons for that:

1. If the problem is in the app, you’ll just download the same bug again. If that is the case, the user just needs to wait for an update.
  2. Many problems reside in the data files. Those aren’t touched when you only delete the app. Logos is like an iceberg... most of the installation is under the water, so to speak. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 26623
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 10:19 AM

John Bengtson:

They all have SSDs.  And I should also note:  this isn't something that gradually got slower over time.  Everything was working great, then at some point (not sure if it was right after a version upgrade etc. but I think it's been more than a year now) it began exhibiting its current behavior.  Other info:  I have a 100mb/s Internet connection, so that's not an issue; and my CPU utilization is never high (usually at idle) when this behavior exhibits, same on all machines.

Ok. At this point, the best course of action is either for you to create a new thread and post logs (see my signature line), or to call FL. 

Posts 29
John Bengtson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 3:47 PM

1 - how do I create a new thread & not lose all discussion to this point?

2 - what do you mean by "post logs" & the reference to your signature line?

Posts 26623
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 6:39 PM

John Bengtson:

1 - how do I create a new thread & not lose all discussion to this point?

You can‘t, but you should still do so. Two reasons: 

1. your Issue is unrelated to the original post, so it is helpful to keep the conversation together
  2. although it wasnt your intent, you have hijacked someone else’s thread. When asking for help you should always create your own thread. Doing so allows you and others to get the proper, personalized help needed. 

John Bengtson:

2 - what do you mean by "post logs" & the reference to your signature line?

Log files are a “behind the scenes“ recording of what is happening to the application during a “session.” Having highlighting appear only after 4-5 minutes is abnormal, so having a detailed account of why that is true will help the techies & developers figure out what is going on.

To get the logs, you have to “enable” (turn on) logging. My signature line has links to instructions. Just like a letter has a “signature“ at the bottom of the page, a post may also have a “signature.” See directly under these words for the links I added to my “signature line.”

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS