Sermon Published without my permission

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 94 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 28 2018 7:48 AM

Robert murray:

When will Logos figure out that we dont like this and that it needs to be fixed and NOT just have a "bandaid" put on it???

I suspect when, and if, a critical mass of users decide that there's a big enough risk of having something accidentally posted that they aren't ready to publish - or simply don't want to publish - that they won't use the feature. 

Posts 36
Marc Brule | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 6:19 AM

I just can't imagine what it would mean for missionary in a hostile location to have his sermon published, placing life and ministry in real danger. Or does Faithlife not consider the risks taken by those in underground churches? It's one thing to have a congregation specific detail published, which is cause for concern. It's another thing altogether to put people's lives at risk for the sake of marketing and content building.

It's annoying for me but not dangerous. I sure hope this gets resolved.

Posts 21724
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 6:44 AM

It's worth noting that Failthlife thought they had fixed it - so I think they recognise the need to do so.

It just seems to be proving more difficult than they / we expected.

Posts 457
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 7:13 AM

For me it is also just annoying or frustrating to have to unclick the box every time I use it to write a sermon. I don't do my entire sermon notes with it, just more what i want to project on screen and would prefer not to have them published.

Posts 2508
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 10:33 AM

Nord Zootman:

For me it is also just annoying or frustrating to have to unclick the box every time I use it to write a sermon. I don't do my entire sermon notes with it, just more what i want to project on screen and would prefer not to have them published.

Hi Nord,

I was able to do some investigating and narrow down the specific behavior that seems to create this. I've filed a case and I know that the team has prioritized it.

Posts 457
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 31 2018 12:34 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
I was able to do some investigating and narrow down the specific behavior that seems to create this. I've filed a case and I know that the team has prioritized it.

Thank you Philana!

Posts 58
Robert murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2018 9:07 AM

Seriously!!!!!  What is the issue with this????????

Robert

Missionary in Bolivia

--------

iMac - Macbook Air - iPad - L7 Baptist Portfolio - Logos Now

Posts 58
Robert murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2018 9:10 AM

Marc Brule:

I just can't imagine what it would mean for missionary in a hostile location to have his sermon published, placing life and ministry in real danger. Or does Faithlife not consider the risks taken by those in underground churches? It's one thing to have a congregation specific detail published, which is cause for concern. It's another thing altogether to put people's lives at risk for the sake of marketing and content building.

Agreed 100%

Robert

Missionary in Bolivia

--------

iMac - Macbook Air - iPad - L7 Baptist Portfolio - Logos Now

Posts 1932
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 30 2018 1:54 PM

Robert murray:

Marc Brule:

Agreed 100%

I refuse to even look at the product until this is resolved.  Personal book is how I prepare sermons

Posts 53
DanC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 6:37 AM

Same here.

Posts 2508
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2018 12:26 PM

Nord Zootman:

Nord,

This has been fixed in 7.17.

Posts 457
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2018 2:03 PM

Philana,

Thank you!

Posts 3
TJ Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 9:31 AM

Marc Brule:

==> This

Posts 3
TJ Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 9:37 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Nord,

Philana, I just used Sermon Documents for the first time today. The check box is checked.

Version:

=======================

Logos Bible Software 7.17

=======================

Appears to still be a problem.

Posts 2508
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 1:47 PM

TJ Thomas:

Philana R. Crouch:

Nord,

Philana, I just used Sermon Documents for the first time today. The check box is checked.

Version:

=======================

Logos Bible Software 7.17

=======================

Appears to still be a problem.

If you uncheck it, close the sermon, the next time you open it or open a new sermon is it checked or unchecked?

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS