Will CP Lexham Bible Guide: Luke ever make it to production?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 30 2017 6:28 AM

I like these guides. There have been several new ones recently that all landed CP or pre-pub pricing around $20. https://www.logos.com/product/26775/lexham-bible-guide-luke for some reason is set at $50.00 and is not moving up at all. Can anything be done to help motivate it in the 100% direction?

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 6:47 AM

Mobile Education had undercut this, as LME has some of the same functions.  Perhaps this production is out of date, being from 2012.

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 7:03 AM

scooter:

Mobile Education had undercut this, as LME has some of the same functions.

I personally don't think so, since I regard the LBG's as a somewhat less technical version of what the Exegetical Summaries do to the Greek Text summarizing different weighty opinions on the meaning of the biblical text. I don't see the Mobile Ed courses do much in that direction - either they give one author's take (sometimes quite high-level) or, with the newest courses, they go into the counterpoint/"four views on" route where each participant explains his stance on a topic, not a verse-by-verse discussion of (sometimes) different opinions.

What I can imagine is that the going price of $50 is too steep for many - @all: if this is so, don't be discouraged, but follow the link in the OP and bid what this resource is worth for you!   

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 8:23 AM

SteveHD:
Can anything be done to help motivate it in the 100% direction?

I like these guides as well but as I have cut back on my individual purchases what I would love to see is them integrated into the structure of the Logos engine (L8??). I always believed that the function of an 'engine' was to integrate what resources you had. If FL integrated these guides into Logos packages or engine then I would certainly purchase such an upgrade. [just as we have seen Systematic Theology added.. a menu of the Bible Guides].

Posts 757
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 9:33 AM

StephenMcC:

I like these guides as well but as I have cut back on my individual purchases what I would love to see is them integrated into the structure of the Logos engine (L8??). I always believed that the function of an 'engine' was to integrate what resources you had. If FL integrated these guides into Logos packages or engine then I would certainly purchase such an upgrade. [just as we have seen Systematic Theology added.. a menu of the Bible Guides].

AMEN! This would be great. But it would require a lot of tagging for Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS