Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 5 2017 9:24 AM

I upgraded to 0031 and the arrow keys are behaving strangely. In edit mode, when I click on a service item, it works normally, but if I use the down arrow to show the next slide, it takes two hits to move the black background (on the left or in the preview bar at bottom), the yellow bar never moves, and the displayed slide never changes. I have to click on each and every slide to progress thru the presentation.

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 9:31 AM

I also noticed that "Sometimes" the down arrow stops working completely when the black bar gets to the last slide on the screen in the left service area. Not the last slide in the presentation.

Posts 29
LogosEmployee
Mari Nunez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 11:38 AM

Have you enabled the Up/Down remote navigation option? You can find that at Settings>Remote. Can you navigiate thorught the order of service with just arrow keys?

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 7:13 PM

I am not using a remote, I am using the up down arrows on the keyboard. I am not "On air", I am in edit mode. I always step thru the entire presentation one slide at a time using the down arrow key and check each slide. After I upgraded to 0031 I can't do that anymore. I have to left click on each and every slide. I have never changed or even looked at any of the remote settings. We don't use a remote at anytime for anything.

I cannot navigate thru the order of service using just the arrow keys, I used to be able to, but can't anymore.

Posts 4688
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 12:43 AM

With 2.2.0.0031

In edit mode, initially and after returning to edit from preview, the arrow keys are non-functioning.

After changing to a slide by clicking on it the UP and DOWN arrows work but the LEFT and RIGHT arrows don't work.

In preview mode and when ON AIR the UP and DOWN arrows do not work but the LEFT and RIGHT arrows do.

I think that some interface optimisation might be called for?

BTW MacBook Air running latest stable MacOS

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 5:47 AM

In edit mode, initially, the l/r arrows don't work. The u/d arrows move the background (on second hit), but do not change the slide in the preview window. And sometimes the u/d arrows stop working entirely (no scrolling) when the last slide displayed in the service area is reached even if there are more slides in the presentation.

Windows 10, up to date.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 13 2017 11:21 AM

Hey Brendon, I'm checking this out. In the Settings menu under the Remote tab you'll find the option to enable Up/Dn navigation for slides. That will have everything working normally (we'll fix the bug where navigating up/down in the order of service without this option checked exhibits strange behavior).

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 6:14 AM

Thanks Peter. Is this something new? I've never had to do it before. I always single stepped thru every presentation as a final check using the down arrow on my keyboard.

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 6:27 AM

And I am curious as to why I should have to select a wireless presenter option to change how my keyboard operates.

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 7:55 AM

The is a new setting to allow up/down keystrokes to control the presentation when onAir.

Many remote devices (mostly made for PowerPoint) are not configurable and send keystrokes as Up/Down, which we had never handled. We put it behind this setting to allow Up/Down to work as before (moving up and down the Order of Service). It is not exactly a wireless presenter option, but most who are affected are using wireless presenters and we don't have a 'keyboard' settings page so we added to that dialog, but as you've found it affects the app, not the wireless presenter.

Posts 310
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 10:24 AM

Thanks for the explanation Glenn.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS