Personal Books a link to bible text

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Ed Scearce | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 18 2017 12:45 PM

I have some older sermon files I want to add to my personal books.  Is there a way to add a link to bible text that does not have the particular book in the reference.  For example; not in every place have I put "Hebrews 1:4".   Some times it will simply have v.4 or verse 14 or verses 15-17.   Is there a way to link these without having to add the particular book?  Perhaps I am being too pedantic here.  Thanks  

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 1:02 PM

Ed Scearce:
For example; not in every place have I put "Hebrews 1:4".   Some times it will simply have v.4 or verse 14 or verses 15-17.   Is there a way to link these without having to add the particular book?

You need to use syntax like:

[[verse 14 >> Hebrews 1:14]]

Then "verse 14" will be what is in the text and it will link to the correct verse in Hebrews

Does that help?

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 1:48 PM

Graham Criddle:

Ed Scearce:
For example; not in every place have I put "Hebrews 1:4".   Some times it will simply have v.4 or verse 14 or verses 15-17.   Is there a way to link these without having to add the particular book?

You need to use syntax like:

[[verse 14 >> Hebrews 1:14]]

Then "verse 14" will be what is in the text and it will link to the correct verse in Hebrews

Does that help?

Graham, so its not necessary to use [[verse 14 >>bible:heb. 1.14]] ?

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 1:56 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
Graham, so its not necessary to use [[verse 14 >>bible:heb. 1.14]] ?

The syntax did not require the addition of bible: to create the link. I used [[verse 14>>Hebrews 1:14]], and Logos created the correct link.

Thanks for the tip Graham

Posts 11
Ed Scearce | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 2:00 PM

Thank you Graham.  That kind of helps.  I will reveal my lack of knowledge concerning syntax.  Is [[verse 14 >> Hebrews 1:14]] a hidden code?  If so how do I add it to a particular number for example v.14.  Is it a hyperlink?

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 2:11 PM

Hi Ed

Basically what appears to the left of the double arrows is what you see in the text. You then put the actual reference / link on the right.

For more details see the Logos helpfile on Personal Book Syntax. I'm not at my computer so can't provide a link to it - sorry about that.

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 2:37 PM

Don't have a link, but you can find the section in the Logos Help doc—Under the ? at the far right end of the toolbar

Posts 11
Ed Scearce | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 2:47 PM

Thank you everyone!  You have helped me figure it out.  Blessings

Posts 11
Ed Scearce | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 2:54 PM

It would be nice if the syntax [[ >>]] was hidden in the word docx file.

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 3:05 PM

Ed Scearce:

You can do that using the "hidden text" feature in Word

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 4:11 PM

Graham Criddle:

Ed Scearce:

"Hidden text " feature? man I guess I have not kept up at all :(

Posts 27264
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 12:46 AM

Graham Criddle:

Ed Scearce:

It is a lot of trouble to hide this text, so I trust you know how to unhide it? You'd also have to hide the bible reference after the >>??

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 12:51 AM

Dave Hooton:
It is a lot of trouble to hide this text, so I trust you know how to unhide it? You'd also have to hide the bible reference after the >>??

True - and I thought about that after posting. I have done it but whether it's worth doing is another question!

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 2:23 AM

Graham Criddle:

Dave Hooton:

True - and I thought about that after posting. I have done it but whether it's worth doing is another question!

I looked at this and I decide not worth the hassle.

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 8:57 AM

Graham Criddle:

Dave Hooton:

I set up a simple keystroke combination to toggle hide/unhide selected text—Control-Shift-H. That a Mac combo, but a Window equivalent should not be difficult to setup.

Posts 27264
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 2:54 PM

Jack Caviness:
I set up a simple keystroke combination to toggle hide/unhide selected text

How do you select hidden text?Smile

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 10853
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:23 PM

Dave Hooton:

Jack Caviness:
I set up a simple keystroke combination to toggle hide/unhide selected text

How do you select hidden text?Smile

When I type a link—of any kind, I simply select the text I do not want displayed in Word and type Control-Shift-H. The paragraph symbol on the Word toolbar can then be used to show/hide hidden text. Two inconveniences: 1) the initial [[ must be selected and hidden separately. 2) Be sure to type some text—such as a period—after the text you want to hide, so Word will not be hiding what you enter next.

It is somewhat inconvenient, but workable. Once you become accustomed to the process, it is not too bad. The main problem is typos in the hidden text, which are a bit of a pain to correct.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS