The COMPLETE Works of Andrew Fuller - PrePub

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 23 2010 6:05 PM

I'd highly recommend placing an order for The Complete Works of Andrew Fuller, Andrew Fuller was a Biblical theologian driven by a pastor’s heart.  He was very influential despite great barriers of opposition.  Growing up in the midst of Hyper-Calvinism he had a false assurance of salvation until later he realized his need for Christ.  Being in a Christian family does not make all individuals "elect."  Andrew Fuller was a contemporary with John Wesley, George Whitefield, and William Carrey. Most Calvinist pastors had rejected Carrey’s call to missions, but Fuller encouraged it.  One of Fuller's most well known works is The Gospel Worthy of All Acceptation.

Hyper-Calvinism may not be as much of a threat to evangelism today, as those are few in number today.  But HobbyHorse-Calvinism is definitely having a revival, which can pour cold water on a fire-spread of evangelism.  Some pastors can't preach a sermon without mentioning Calvinism, and will use verses that speak of Christ dying for all, the world, tasting death for every man, etc, to teach a "limited atonement."  Or verses such as when Jesus spoke to the woman that had an issue of blood and said "Thy faith hath made thee whole," as if it was teaching "Irresistible Grace."  Hobby-Horse Calvinism kills evangelistic fervor in Christians.  Andrew Fuller contends that even as a Calvinist, you still can be and ought to be evangelizing and preaching the gospel to every creature, commanding all men every where to repent and trust Christ.  Fuller wrote on many other topics as well.  Read Calvin & Hobbes instead of making a Hobby-out-of-Calvinism Big Smile and place a PrePub order for Andrew Fuller's Complete Works at http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/6059

Jason Saling

Posts 584
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:50 AM

Yes. I would love to have this in L4.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:48 AM

I have been thinking about this one for some time, and have just placed my order.

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 309
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 12:58 PM

This set is not doing so hot in the prepub cycle.  I am sort of surprised to since it is normally 120 in print.  Really wish it was available in Logos.  

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:08 PM

Count me in too.

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:11 PM

John Graves:

This set is not doing so hot in the prepub cycle.  I am sort of surprised to since it is normally 120 in print.  Really wish it was available in Logos.  

Like you John, i am baffled at the lack of interest in this work. I am not sure what the reason is? Is it that folk don't know about Andrew Fuller? I would love to see this work available in Logos.

Ted.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:18 PM

I was expecting it to be hot and go up into production somewhat quickly, but I think it probably didn't take off due to Andrew Fuller being in the shadow of other great men of God.  What people don't realize that he was used by God to influence many of the other men God used.

Jason Saling

Posts 309
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:26 PM

I am really considering buying the works in print since it looks like it will never come out in Logos.  OF course I will get in logos to if it does.  It would be great to search his works for specific topics with the touch of a key board.  

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 2:38 PM

My order has been in and I'm waiting patiently to dive into his work!

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS