Content Slide self-duplicated

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 20 2017 10:51 AM

I started with a content slide that had the normal text field plus one custom text field. I added two custom text fields when I suddenly realized the content slide had split in two, like a song slide. The two slides were identical except the normal text field was missing from slide 2.  I could not delete either slide without deleting the other (just like a song). I backed out each change that I had made so that I now have the original slide 1 and slide 2 has the custom text field, but not the normal text field. If you want to look at my presentation, it is the Apr 30, 2017 and the slide is the birthday slide near the bottom of the pre-service loop.

Of course I can start over, but thought you might want to take a look.

Thanks,
Brendon

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:04 PM

Here's my logs

4338.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 8:55 AM

Thanks for the report Brendon, we'll take a look.

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 9:08 AM

I just duplicated the problem. I started with a content slide having four lines of text in the text field in the center of the slide and one line of text in a custom text field above it. I deleted the first 3 lines of text in the text field leaving only the last line 'Emphasized". When I resized the text field by dragging the bottom up the text disappeared from the box and the slide duplicated with the second slide appearing as the first slide should have looked. See presentation Apr 30, 2017 - new.

This happened on a different computer from the previous one. (Both running Win 10 64 bit)

Here are the logs.4863.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 10:58 AM

Brendon Marks (BCBC):
I just duplicated the problem. I started with a content slide having four lines of text in the text field in the center of the slide and one line of text in a custom text field above it. I deleted the first 3 lines of text in the text field leaving only the last line 'Emphasized". When I resized the text field by dragging the bottom up the text disappeared from the box and the slide duplicated with the second slide appearing as the first slide should have looked. See presentation Apr 30, 2017 - new.

Brendon,

I just took a look at the presentation that you indicated and on the Content slide "April Birthday" I see that there are two slides because of the blank line before the line of text in the Content field. When you resized the text field, it was no longer large enough to fit the two lines of text, so it was broken up into two slides, the first slide with the blank line and the second slide with the line of text. If you remove the blank line at the beginning of the text field, the service item should only be one slide as expected. Please let me know if this does not solve your issue or if I am misunderstanding the issue.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 306
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 1:02 PM

That fixed it. Deleting the blank line eliminated the second slide.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS