Hardware Requirements Remote Access

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 2 2017 1:51 PM

Some time ago I reported trouble I am having with Logos/Verbum 6 and I received great help, for which I am most grateful. The problems emerged due to my processor not being adequate, so I need a new computer.  I have looked at recommended hardware and have seen a computer which meets the requirements, except that it has MS Window 10 Home not Professional.  Is Home adequate for Logos?

To resolve my problem remote access was used by Logos Tech. Windows 10 Professional has remote access, which my current computer has, but Home does not.   Does remote access mean others can access my computer, or that I can access other computers?  Thus would Logos Tech be able to get remote access to me if I had Windows 10 Home?

I look forward to a replies  and thanks for all the help.

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 2:13 PM

Hi Noel,

Windows 10 Home is 100% adequate. The one time that tech support connected to my computer, they did not use the remote connection app that is native to Windows. They actually used a program similar to TeamViewer (it may have been TeamViewer) but I'm not sure.

With a program like TeamViewer, you grant them one time access to your computer. That is how they done it with me a year, or so, ago. If I remember correctly, the rep had me navigate to a web address and it asked me to give them access, which I did, and once they were finished, I simply closed the web browser.

Posts 26588
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 9:04 PM

Noel Fitzpatrick:
Does remote access mean others can access my computer, or that I can access other computers? 

It depends on the context! Most Computer Tech companies use a third party app for remote access to your computer, but you can always enable/refuse a remote access connection. This is independent of the remote access features you have in Windows.

I have the Remote Desktop Connection app (untested) in Windows 10 Home. Type Remote desk in the Windows search box to see the features you have.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 139
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 3 2017 3:21 AM

Hi Rick, Dave,

many thanks for your prompt, expert and helpful replies.

I am pleased to learn that Logos Tech can have access to my computer, if necessary with Window 10, Home.

This means I can get the computer I am thinking of.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS