Is the entire 86 vol. Charles Spurgeon worth the money?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Troy D. Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:28 PM

No Rosie. I only have Scholar's library. I want to upgrade to Platinum very soon though!

Hint, hint....(If anyone at Logos is reading this!).......lol......Wink

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:24 PM

I own Portfolio, and all I got was a discount offer for BDAG+HALOT.  Not sure why I need to buy another copy of something I own...would much rather get offers for things I don't have.

Posts 343

If Logos employees are reading this and wondering if anyone else wants the Spurgeon Collection for the reduced price, my pastor and I are interested!  We were both bummed that we didn't get the Spurgeon Collection when it was on Pre-Pub, but at the time we were still new to Logos and learning how the program works, pre-pub works, and community pricing.  If that offer comes up again, then we definitely both want to get it.

Jason Saling

Posts 13369
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:54 PM

Jason Saling:

If Logos employees are reading this and wondering if anyone else wants the Spurgeon Collection for the reduced price, my pastor and I are interested!  We were both bummed that we didn't get the Spurgeon Collection when it was on Pre-Pub, but at the time we were still new to Logos and learning how the program works, pre-pub works, and community pricing.  If that offer comes up again, then we definitely both want to get it.

Why don't you ring sales and ask them for the code?

Posts 2353
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:32 PM

Jason,

Call Jim-Ray at Logos.  I have been working with him for several years and he has always helped me get the best price available.

Ron Quick

Posts 343

I was told that the magazines "Sword and Trowel" are just simply sermons by Spurgeon.  What would be the use of that, if you get the Spurgeon Sermons Collection.  I could see your need for the Sermons Collection if you had the Sword and Trowel, since the Sword and Trowel would not have ALL of his sermons, but if you already have the sermon collection, is there any use for the Sword and Trowel?  Perhaps a better deal just to get the March Madness Spurgeon titles, and then get the Sermon Collection?  

EDIT: Never mind.  On Logos website of the collection it already gives this detail...

The Sword and the Trowel, the monthly magazine edited by Spurgeon, began publication in 1865. It contains articles, tracts, poetry, and book reviews, along with regular statistics and detailed reports and reflections on his sermons. Most importantly,The Sword and the Trowel provides a rich source of biographical material on Charles Spurgeon and the context of his ministry. It is an illuminating inside look at the week-to-week happenings at the Metropolitan Tabernacle.

Jason Saling

Posts 343

I haven't called yet to see, but incase a Logos employee runs by this, is Logos willing to send myself and my co-laborer in the pastorate a coupon to get Spurgeon's 86 volume at the discounted price?

Jason Saling

Posts 2706
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:50 AM

Jason Saling:

I haven't called yet to see, but incase a Logos employee runs by this, is Logos willing to send myself and my co-laborer in the pastorate a coupon to get Spurgeon's 86 volume at the discounted price?

why don't you call or email a sales rep? Usually you get a better deal than what is advertise on the Logos website. Save yourself some money and call a sales rep, i use Jared.

Jared W. Bryant

Sales and Marketing
(800) 875-6467 ext. 2319
Direct: (360) 685-2319

Fax: (360) 527-1707
jared@logos.com

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS