Move notes to a different Bible resource.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
leafdrinker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 11 2017 6:55 PM

This may sound like a strange request, but I have hundreds (possibly thousands) of notes for the ESV Bible in Logos. I would like to migrate all those notes to the NASB translation. I realize that I can turn on corresponding notes and hilights in the desktop version of Logos, but that feature doesn't exist in the iPad version. I'm moving more to the NASB for teaching and would love to be able to access my notes I've made for the ESV version on the NASB version on my iPad. Is it possible to "move" the notes/highlights from one resource to another? Thank you!

Posts 458
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 11 2017 11:13 PM

I don't know if you can. I'm a prolific highlighter/note taker on logos and as far as I am aware you would need to manually edit every note. Which is likely note what you want to hear...

Moving forward you may wish to attach your notes the bible reference itself (eg. John 1:1), rather than the resource reference (e.g. John 1:1 (ESV)). That way your notes will appear in any bible you open, on mobile or otherwise.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Liam

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 3:49 AM

Jay:

Is it possible to "move" the notes/highlights from one resource to another?

Sorry, no. 

Notes can be made by "selection" or by "reference." If you made the notes by the latter, they are already available in the NASB (and all other 'versified' resources). If you made the selection by "selection," you told the software, "I want a note on THIS selection (down to a single character!) in THIS resource. Since a selection is always unique and resource specific, moving a note isn't possible. Note: highlights, by definition, are notes of "selection."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17
leafdrinker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 5:23 AM

Oh well - hopefully Logos will add the ability to turn on corresponding notes in the iOS version of Logos soon - that would solve this problem.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS