"Navigation failed" error on Android and iOS

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 17 2017 4:02 AM

I'm not sure what has happened, but on both my Android phone and my iOS phone I am unable to navigate when doing my morning devotions. For example in My Utmost For His Highest, there is a reference to a scripture, which I click on and I get a navigation failed error pop up. When I attempt to manually use the index in my ESV I have the same problem. I can click through and select the passage I want from the index; as soon as I click on the verse number the navigation failed error pops up at the bottom of the screen. This is happening on both operating systems... Is that possible?

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 17 2017 4:09 AM

Does the device have a current internet connect? Have you tried restarting the device? Which version of the app? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 17 2017 5:29 AM

alabama24:

Does the device have a current internet connect? Have you tried restarting the device? Which version of the app? 

Build 5.14.5 on Android and iOS. 

Both phones restarted several times. 

I have tested both cellular and Wi-Fi, and set to airplane, just to see if the web connection was triggering something. All fail. 

Oddly, my iPhone, I just tried linking from MUHH verse, and the ESV section above went blank...but no navigation error?! 

The reason I posted was because the same error was happening cross-platform...that's highly unusual.

Posts 8
Margery Zeller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 5:42 AM

I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 7:20 AM

Try deleting the resource, then re-downloading it. 

Posts 8
Margery Zeller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 8:13 AM

Can I assume if I  reload the resource that I will not lose all my notes? 

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 9:49 AM

Notes are stored in documents, unrelated to the actual resource. Even if you have used "resource specific note documents," the document is separate from the actual resource. 

Posts 8
Margery Zeller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 11:04 AM

Thanks so much...that did the trick and I'm back in business! I very much appreciate your help.

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 11:11 AM

Glad to help. 

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 4:01 PM

BINGO!!! 

Problem solved! Thanks, 'Bama!

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 4:32 PM

Sure thing. The "Navigation Failed" warning isn't something I have seen before, but the general symptom I was recently made aware of. 

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:44 AM

Interestingly, I forgot to tell y'all that this also solved another issue I reported: the text in the highlight menu all turned incredibly light...it was barely legible. Uninstalling and reinstalling the ESV cleaned it up! 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS