NA28 / BHQ Updates

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 63
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 17 2017 2:24 PM

Does anyone know what was updated in the NA28 Auflage and the BHQ today (17 May 2017)? I had submitted / posted some info about the cross-references being off in the NA28 Auflage. Thanks.

John

Posts 689
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 17 2017 2:30 PM

I'm not sure about the NA28, but the BHQ was updated to include the Minor Prophets.

Posts 63
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 17 2017 2:49 PM

Thanks, Kiyah. I saw in another post where the Minor Prophets had been added to BHQ, but wasn't sure if that was the update today or not.

John

Posts 1148
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 8:55 AM

For BHQ we added the minor prophets

For NA28 Auflage we 

• fixed a few locations where trailing spaces needed to be moved into Apparatus indicators so the Visual filters displayed properly.
  • Added italics to Old Testament quotations.
  • Added fields for Old Testament quotes
  • Updated the location of cross reference indicators in 1 Corinthians 7 through the end of the chapter.
Posts 80
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 9:16 AM
Awesome! Thanks!
Posts 630
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 9:18 AM

Thank you, Kyle!

Posts 63
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 9:34 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

For NA28 Auflage we 

• fixed a few locations where trailing spaces needed to be moved into Apparatus indicators so the Visual filters displayed properly.
  • Updated the location of cross reference indicators in 1 Corinthians 7 through the end of the chapter.

Thanks, Kyle! I was one of those (maybe the only one?) who submitted info about cross-references being off in 1 Corinthians. I was thinking it may have been off in other books, but maybe not. I appreciate the update that brings it more in harmony with the print edition. Thanks for your work.

John

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 1:27 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

For NA28 Auflage we 

I  can't find the Twelve Prophets in the Apparatus. Are you sure you added them?

Posts 2479
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 2:32 AM

I'm sure that the apparatus was not updated.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1148
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 12:53 PM

The BHQ Apparatus update to include the 12 prophets will be available on Monday.

Posts 239
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 1:44 PM

Thanks for this update

How do I perform a search on Old Testament quotes? That would be great.

=> Added fields for Old Testament quotes

Hans

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 2:48 PM

Jan Krohn:

I'm sure that the apparatus was not updated.

And I am sure משלי is not Judges :-/

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 2:50 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

The BHQ Apparatus update to include the 12 prophets will be available on Monday.

Thank You! You might want to correct that embarrassing error in the TOC where where Judges stands next to the Hebrew משלי (Proverbs). I reported it thrice already.

Posts 327
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 28 2017 4:49 AM

Wish I had known the minor prophets were being added. I just bought a bunch of stuff saturday night on payment plan and skipped BHQ because of incomplete apparatus.

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Posts 6
Alexander C. Stewart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 10 2017 7:51 AM

As of today (June 10, 2017), it seems the Minor Prophets (BHQ) is now complete with critical apparatus. Good news if you are studying those texts.

Posts 751
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 10 2017 9:08 AM

Jeremiah Myers:

Wish I had known the minor prophets were being added. I just bought a bunch of stuff saturday night on payment plan and skipped BHQ because of incomplete apparatus.

Your sales rep can add that without an additional fee if you do it quickly. Not sure how long you have.

Dale Heath

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 11 2017 3:15 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
For NA28 Auflage we 

Kyle, would you say that it is safe to mark the non-Auflage NA28 (LLS:NA28 2016-06-03T16:37:36Z NA28.logos4) as depreciated? In comparing it to the Auflage edition, I notice that OT quotes do not appear in italics, possibly suggesting it is not receiving updates. The only thing the non-Auflage version seems to have going for it is that it contains glosses, which the Auflage version does not (for licensing reasons, if I remember correctly from another thread some time ago). Thanks.

Posts 689
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 11 2017 8:36 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Kyle,

Can we update the NA28 Auflage GBS resource to include the appendices? Right now if I'm working in the NA28 without the apparatus open, I have to open the apparatus to see the appendices. It would be nice if both the text resource and the apparatus resource had both the introduction and the appendices so that I can access that info regardless of which resource I have open. I don't always have them both open at the same time.

Posts 630
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 11 2017 8:48 AM

Kiyah, perhaps this would be a work-around: one can put both the NA28 Auflage and its apparatus in parallel columns in a "Multiple Resources" panel.

Posts 1148
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 12 2017 8:43 AM

Matthew:

Kyle G. Anderson:
For NA28 Auflage we 

Kyle, would you say that it is safe to mark the non-Auflage NA28 (LLS:NA28 2016-06-03T16:37:36Z NA28.logos4) as depreciated? In comparing it to the Auflage edition, I notice that OT quotes do not appear in italics, possibly suggesting it is not receiving updates. The only thing the non-Auflage version seems to have going for it is that it contains glosses, which the Auflage version does not (for licensing reasons, if I remember correctly from another thread some time ago). Thanks.

No. We're in the process of updating the non-Auflage NA28 (LLS:NA28 2016-06-03T16:37:36Z NA28.logos4) so it will be identical with the Auflage (LLS:NA28GBS). (It should have the glosses as well.) I don't have the exact dates but that will be done in the next month or two.

Our plan moving forward will be to functionally deprecate LLS:NA28GBS since it's owned by less people than LLS:NA28. Realistically I doubt there will be any changes to either once LLS:NA28 is updated.

Kiyah:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Kyle,

Can we update the NA28 Auflage GBS resource to include the appendices? Right now if I'm working in the NA28 without the apparatus open, I have to open the apparatus to see the appendices. It would be nice if both the text resource and the apparatus resource had both the introduction and the appendices so that I can access that info regardless of which resource I have open. I don't always have them both open at the same time.

I'll look into it.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS