Start-Stop Bible Reading Plan Marks Disappeared

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
seaview | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2010 11:18 AM

Hi Users,

How do I get back the the Start-Stop Bible Reading Plan marks?

No matter what I check under "Visual Filters" it does not come back?

I do not find the answer under "Help".

Help, please. Thanks.

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 11:23 AM

1) What is the reading plan i.e. what version and ending date?

2) What version are you turning the filter on/off in?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 133
Cindy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 11:11 AM

This just happened to me the other day too!  I had hoped that when I rebooted my computer and opened my bible program again that it would be back but no such luck.    I have Logos 4.2 SR1  (4.20.4.8289) and my bible reading plan is the "Read the NIV in 40 weeks".   I use windows XP if that helps.  Prior to the other day I could open my NIV and the "start reading (with the chapters and verses) would appear and when I finished reading the selection it would show, "mark read" along with what the next days passages would be.  I usually bookmark the next days passages after clicking on "mark read".  Like I said though, just after the last update it disappeared on me and has yet to return.  What can I do to get it back?

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 11:22 AM

Odd; If you open that Reading Plan (from File), does it show anything in calendar or list view?  I had a Reading Plan go invisible once months ago.

If it shows you the plan and you click on the next unread entry, does it launch the NIV to the right spot?  If you then go back a couple lines in the NIV, do you see the Start Reading bar?

If you don't see the bar, did you validate that the NIV Reading Plan is checked in the Visual Filter drop-down in the NIV?

Reading plan bars will disappear if they occur in a table...but that shouldnt happen in a Bible.

Posts 65
seaview | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 1:04 PM

Hi Cynthia,

Interesting that this important function is hard to find the answer to, which I also had occur from time to time, by some electronic gremlin. Now that I know the "fix", I share with you what worked for me.

Click on "File" at the top left of your screen and wait until it drops down - for some reason it takes a while, thus building patience.

On the right side of the drop down window are all your Notes, etc. saved in a list. Among those listed, there is an entry which says something like "Read ESB in one year reading plan". Click on that listing for your NIV reading plan. It fixes the problem on my Logos. Let me know if it works for you. Note, that this phrase may be anywhere in the list; originally, I found it at the bottom of the list. It's placement has a mind of its own which I do not yet understand.

Posts 27858
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 2:53 PM

seaview:
I found it at the bottom of the list. It's placement has a mind of its own which I do not yet understand.

After you select a "File" it goes to the top of the list!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 133
Cindy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2010 4:02 AM

Thank you all so much!  sorry it took me so long to reply but I had a family emergency yesterday.  I would have never thought to check and see if it was still checked in the visual filter and that's what  turned out to be the problem.  I don't know how I managed to uncheck it but obviously did.  It's back to normal now though which is great!  Thank you!

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2011 2:36 AM

Hi Ward,

Thanks, the Visual Filter fix worked (that is, once I figured out that the Visual Filter was the three intersecting circles icon button!).

Cheers

Tony

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2011 9:55 PM

Tony Kan:

Hi Ward,

Thanks, the Visual Filter fix worked (that is, once I figured out that the Visual Filter was the three intersecting circles icon button!).

Cheers

Tony

Big Smile Tony, Glad to be of help!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS