Is Logos 8 coming out soon?

Page 3 of 6 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 119 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 11:03 AM

Faithlife should just let us know when they plan on coming out with a new version. I don't like all the sececy. 

Posts 27553
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 11:08 AM

James C.:

Faithlife should just let us know when they plan on coming out with a new version. I don't like all the sececy. 

It isn't in their best interest to do so, but there is no real mystery. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17906
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 12:55 PM

James C.:

Faithlife learned a lesson from announcing Logos for Mac too early. Logos wiki => Mac Release Notes and History includes Guesses, which turned out to be inaccurate (with user disappointment since application shipped many months later). Hence, Faithlife desires Logos 8 & Verbum 8 to have something worth purchasing before announcing it.

Thankful for Beta releases (sometimes have been a crash dummy). Currently only have Logos 7 & Verbum 7 Beta's.

User speculation for upcoming Logos releases (using 6 week development cycle):

• 7.15 => 14 May 2018
  • 7.16 => 25 Jun 2018
  • 7.17 => 8 Aug 2018
  • 7.18 => 17 Sep 2018
  • 7.19 => 29 Oct 2018
  • 7.20 => 10 Dec 2018
  • 7.21 => 21 Jan 2019
  • 7.22 => 4 Mar 2019

Logos 7.0 was released on 22 Aug 2016 so guessing 7.17 or higher could become 8.0

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27553
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 2:49 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Logos 7.0 was released on 22 Aug 2016 so guessing 7.17 or higher could become 8.0

Yes

Of course, the whole "planning on coming out with a new version" is really a misnomer. FL isn't interested in who will "buy a new version," they are interested in who will "buy a new base package." 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 10 2018 10:51 AM

Has anyone heard why 7.15 RC1 seems to be a few days off the usual pattern?

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 17906
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 10 2018 11:12 AM

Robert M. Warren:

+1 Yes Puzzled Tongue Tied plus concur 7.15 RC 1 does not match usual pattern for many months.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2067
LogosEmployee

Robert M. Warren:

We didn't have any changes to ship on Monday, and there wasn't any point in making beta users download an update that only changed the version number.

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 11 2018 6:51 AM

JT (alabama24):

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Yes

Of course, the whole "planning on coming out with a new version" is really a misnomer. FL isn't interested in who will "buy a new version," they are interested in who will "buy a new base package." 

JT that is a very good point.  And as many of the FL customer base have been buying resources for from them from 20+ years, it is harder and harder to put together a new base package that would excite us.  In a sense, FL becomes a victim of their own success.  That is not unrelated to the move toward subscription marketing.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 10118
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 11 2018 7:35 AM

Michael Childs:

... it is harder and harder to put together a new base package that would excite us.  In a sense, FL becomes a victim of their own success.  That is not unrelated to the move toward subscription marketing.

Not intensionally arguing, but I disagree. A-Company has some interesting packages that I really have to think about.  Logos packages tend to be broad-based, and boring.  But subject-based would be nice. I'd assume fluffed up with oldies, but that's ok.

Posts 17906
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 11 2018 11:01 AM

Denise:
But subject-based would be nice.

Any subject-based bundle ideas ? (especially interesting ones not offered by Faithlife)

Thankful for 474 Live Bundles => https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=bundle&Status=Live&start=&sort=bestselling&pageSize=60

Some subject-based ideas: (first two have resources no longer offered for individual sale, which were available years ago)

NIV bundle of 2011 and 1984 editions with Reverse Interlinear, including Anglicised.

Add BADG to BDAG/HALOT Bundle

Bundling Mobile Education courses with referenced resources

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4
Goh Yong Li Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 19 2018 10:30 AM

I am also waiting for Logos 8 to come out... as it is not worth it to pay for new feature set every version... so I would skip a version or two more often than not, 50% of the base package won't be used... I hope there is a specific base package for exegetical work, with various grammars and lexicons along with various sources that are recommended.

I bought logos 6 reformed gold which is a significant cost, only to discover that I can't do much exegesis because important grammar books are not available, neither is there Louw and Nida, LSJ, Dan Wallace, Blass and co.. and it did not have Rahlf's LXX which is "the standard". No TWOT too. There is no BHS too although I think LHB uses the same text.

I do hope BADG (2nd Ed of BDAG) will be sold again. also the books of Moody Press about "introductions" to various genres like prophets (from Bullocks).

While waiting, I did buy commentaries when they are on sale... I think it is a slow and expensive collection...

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 1:59 PM

WORDsearch 12 released today, so you know that Logos 8 is soon to follow later on this year ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 2:42 PM

Will it have all the same features and 50 free books for $39.99? You would think they would jump from Logos 7 to Logos 13 just to stay ahead.Wink

Dale Heath

Posts 887
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 2:51 PM

Prognostication: Not only will it be released soon, but NICNT will be in a base package, or they never would have run all these steep sales. 

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 3:17 PM

Justin Gatlin:

Prognostication: Not only will it be released soon, but NICNT will be in a base package, or they never would have run all these steep sales. 

I really hope you are right! The NIC series  is a great one but I think it’s time for it to be offered in a base package. 

Posts 10118
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 3:47 PM

The criticality for those still library building, is to prognosticate into a 30-day return window. This is the problem of older packages being better than new ones.  I forget which Logos upgrade that happened.  Many dental bills from teeth nashing.

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2018 8:19 PM

Actually, I wasn't very interested in the new features in the last upgrade, and am not interested in new features in the next upgrade.

I think I may just do my own upgrade this week by buying all the volumes that I don't have in the Best Commentaries sale.  That is upgrade enough for me, and would not be too expensive either.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 41
Edward Hatch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2018 4:10 AM

I hope it comes out soon.  I am interested in the ability to import my own slides and backgrounds into the sermon editor.  It is a hassle going to Proclaim to add features after the sermon is put together.  I can do it in proclaim and hope I can do it in sermon editor as well.

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2018 4:15 AM

Edward Hatch:
 I am interested in the ability to import my own slides and backgrounds into the sermon editor.

There are already ways of doing this.

If you want to explore further please start a new thread in the Logos 7 forum

Posts 1
Bill Bienia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:18 AM

If you are thinking of upgrading, Logos just put out Logos 7 Fundamentals for $99 I believe. There is also a Logos 7 Basic for free. This will give you access to Logos 7 features without a large cash outlay, and then you can wait for Logos 8.

Page 3 of 6 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS