Searching Sermon Editor Documents

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 129
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 26 2017 11:56 AM

Is there a way to search for specific sermon documents based on the input criteria in the sermon info section of the Sermon Editor? For instance, when I create a sermon series on "The Book of Genesis", can I do a search that will pull all of the sermons from that series? Or if I want to do a search based on the venue, etc.?

Thanks for any help!

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 12:43 PM

Tim Farley:

Is there a way to search for specific sermon documents based on the input criteria in the sermon info section of the Sermon Editor? For instance, when I create a sermon series on "The Book of Genesis", can I do a search that will pull all of the sermons from that series? Or if I want to do a search based on the venue, etc.?

Thanks for any help!

I just used this search string:

{Label Sermon WHERE Creator ~ "Andrew Zoll" AND Series ~ "Spoiler Alert"}

You would change it to your series title. As far as I can tell, location is not yet searchable, but they are working on it, however, Date is searchable. So for now, you can search by series name, creator, date, and key passages. So if I wanted to find sermons you preached in a series called "Spoiler Alert" from March and April looking only at Revelation 4-10 as key passages, I would search:

{Label Sermon WHERE Creator ~ "Andrew Zoll" AND Series ~ "Spoiler Alert" AND References ~ <Bible Revelation 4-10> AND Date ~ <Date Mar-Apr 2017>}

For further help, you can reference Searching > Searchable Labels > Sermon in the Logos Help guide (found here: https://ref.ly/logosres/logos4help;hw=Searchable_Labels;off=1910).

I hope that helps.

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 129
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 3:48 PM

Thanks, Andrew! That's perfect. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS