Duplicate Notes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 30 2017 7:06 AM

I've observed that I have duplicate notes which show up in Bibles. Is there any way to delete one set without deleting them all?

Posts 21926
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 7:24 AM

Can you clarify what you mean by duplicate notes - additional note icons or something else?

Can you post a screenshot showing this?

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 8:11 AM

Thank you for responding, Graham. I simply mean the same note appears twice in every Bible. There are two note icons, both referencing exactly the same note.

Posts 21926
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 8:49 AM

T.P. Johnston:

Thank you for responding, Graham. I simply mean the same note appears twice in every Bible. There are two note icons, both referencing exactly the same note.

Strange.

There used to be a problem with duplicate notes appearing but that was some years ago - how long do you think you have had this?

Have you checked that the duplicate notes are in the same notes file? (Individual notes are stored in notes documents)

Just wondering if you have got a duplicate notes document that is causing this.

Please don't start deleting notes until we have identified the cause of what is happening here

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 9:22 AM

Thank you, Graham, you solved the problem. There was a duplicate note file with a different name, but exactly the same contents. I appreciate it greatly. I deleted the second one and all is well!

Posts 3153
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 9:30 AM

Graham Criddle:
Just wondering if you have got a duplicate notes document that is causing this.

Or even multiple note entries in separate note documents that are attached to either the same citation, or same text. Hovering over the in-text note icons will reveal the name of the note document that it belongs to in a tool-tip window. Clicking the note icon will actually open the document. 

Posts 21926
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 30 2017 9:33 AM

T.P. Johnston:

Thank you, Graham, you solved the problem. There was a duplicate note file with a different name, but exactly the same contents. I appreciate it greatly. I deleted the second one and all is well!

Excellent - glad we got it sorted.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS