Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:31 PM

Does anyone have this resource?  Do you find it useful?  I have anlex, LN, and BDAG, but I do do not have TDNT.  I have leaders library and I know an upgrade to Scholers would get me the TDNT.  Just wondering if you find this "best of both worlds lexicon/discussion" helpful?  Would I be better off with the Scholars that includes TDNT?  My only reason for not upgrading is the time is not right, even on the payment plan.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 12:42 PM

Chris:

Does anyone have this resource?  Do you find it useful?  I have anlex, LN, and BDAG, but I do do not have TDNT.  I have leaders library and I know an upgrade to Scholers would get me the TDNT.  Just wondering if you find this "best of both worlds lexicon/discussion" helpful?  Would I be better off with the Scholars that includes TDNT?  My only reason for not upgrading is the time is not right, even on the payment plan.

Chris, TDNT has a wealth of information about how a word is used in classical Greek, etc.  EDNT not so much.  That said, I have both.  I use EDNT all the time.  TDNT rarely.  It gives good overviews, is a bit more current (newer), easier to read and digest.  It does not have the history of TDNT, but I think it is well done.  I also use the NIDNTT (Zondervan) a lot, too.  If your money is tight, EDNT will give you helpful discussions on words and their use.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS