2 accounts

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 37
Doug Bassett | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:40 PM

A friend told me I could have up to two accounts. One for my Mac and a separate for Windows. That way the two machines won't index and have the same configuration. Reason is my wife likes thing one way an I like them setup a different... as most things :)

Thanks,

Doug

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:46 PM

Doug Bassett:

A friend told me I could have up to two accounts. One for my Mac and a separate for Windows. That way the two machines won't index and have the same configuration. Reason is my wife likes thing one way an I like them setup a different... as most things :)

Thanks,

Doug

True, but the downside is that your resources will only be licensed to one account at a time.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 37
Doug Bassett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:06 PM

Do you mean I can only login with one machine at a time? So if I login on machine 1 under account 1 it is licensed to it, and I'd have to logout and login to machine two account 2 for it to work there?

Thanks,

Doug

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 12:09 AM

Doug Bassett:

Do you mean I can only login with one machine at a time? So if I login on machine 1 under account 1 it is licensed to it, and I'd have to logout and login to machine two account 2 for it to work there?

You can log in to both at the same time, but if you purchase a book on the Logos website while logged in on the site as you, your wife will not have access to that book on her account. If you want to share the resources, you will need to share the same login account. Logos's licensing policy is designed for one person per license across as many machines as that person uses. A couple may share if they are studying the Bible for a common purpose (shared ministry or family/personal study), but if they have separate uses for it (e.g., one is a pastor and the other teaches at a seminary), they really ought to purchase two licenses. If you fall under the family sharing grey area, you can't do it with two different accounts. Here is Bob Pritchett's take on the licensing agreement: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/341/3265.aspx#3265

Posts 25
Joe Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:02 PM

Doug Bassett:

Thanks,

Doug

Logos is designed, and legally licensed, for one user.  If you want our wife to have different settings ad notes, etc... you need to buy her her own copy of the software.

Blessings

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:57 AM

joe.miller@logos.com:
If you want our wife to have different settings ad notes, etc.

I guess she could have her own "layout" set up? Wouldn't that work, Joe?

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 10:28 AM

Roger Feenstra:
I guess she could have her own "layout" set up? Wouldn't that work, Joe?

I'm not Joe, but you're right. That would work quite well.

You still share notes, settings, preferred resources, and any other saved documents/guides. But you could still each have your own preferred layout.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:53 PM

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one*."

*Except for Logos licensing purposes! Wink

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS