Fix Text Comparison

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 164
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 22 2017 7:59 AM

It used to be that when both Old Testament only resources and New Testament only resources were added to the Text Comparison then only the appropriate resources would show when viewing either the Old Testament or New Testament respectively. Now, whichever resource is listed first will show all the resources, but if the Testament is changes it does not show.

For example:

When listing a number of Hebrew Old Testament texts and a number of Greek New Testament texts, the Old Testament passages will show as long as an Old Testament text is listed first. However, when switching to the New Testament, none of the resources are able to show.

A workaround is to have the first resource as a text that includes the entire Bible, however it would be nice to have it automatically show the respective resources when changing between the Testaments.

Logos 9 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (21H1) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.15.7 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPadPro (2020) iPadOS 14.6 | iPhoneXR iOS 14.6

Posts 1190
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 22 2017 8:48 AM

Yes

Posts 1190
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 23 2017 8:18 AM

Actually, I think this should be in the Logos 7 forum rather than the suggestions forum because this is a bug.  The old text comparison tool didn't have this problem. The tool used to default to whichever the top prioritized bible had the verse you selected, even when using a custom collection. Now, if the first bible in a collection doesn't have the verse it breaks the text comparison tool.

Posts 2730
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 23 2017 8:27 AM

Kiyah:

Actually, I think this should be in the Logos 7 forum rather than the suggestions forum because this is a bug.  The old text comparison tool didn't have this problem. The tool used to default to whichever the top prioritized bible had the verse you selected, even when using a custom collection. Now, if the first bible in a collection doesn't have the verse it breaks the text comparison tool.

This is not a bug, but rather an intentional implementation choice that was made to enable unlimited scrolling through the entirety of the first listed resource.

I recommend creating and voting for a new suggestion on https://logos.uservoice.com/

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS