Sugg for PBB: Ability to make Bible & Commentary types in addition to other types

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:20 PM

As Logos is designing the PBB, please consider allowing us to make books of various types that will "know" how to fit into the digital library. For example, I have done a lot of work with a tribe indigenous to Mexico. Part of that work has included work consulting with and improving the current translation of the NT that they have. It would be very nice to be able to have my digital version of the Huichol Bible "act" like a Bible in Logos. Also, there are many who create their own translation as part of studying; it would be nice to have that custom "Personal" translation "act" like a Bible in Logos4.

Also, it would be nice to be able to create a personal commentary that acted like a commentary within Logos. So the ability to tell Logos that my "personal commentary" is a commentary and have it act like a commentary would be nice. (Also nice to be able to tell Logos that a public domain commentary is a commentary).

Thank you for wanting to update the Logos4 PBB to utilize the native format. I assume that this means notes and highlights can be added to it. I'm excited about that.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 217
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:18 AM

Yes

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:30 AM

Jacob Hantla:

As Logos is designing the PBB, please consider allowing us to make books of various types that will "know" how to fit into the digital library.

Yes!

Jacob Hantla:

Also, there are many who create their own translation as part of studying; it would be nice to have that custom "Personal" translation "act" like a Bible in Logos4.

This would be very fruitful.  I would benefit significantly from comparing my translation with others in the Bible comparison tool.

Jacob Hantla:

Also, it would be nice to be able to create a personal commentary that acted like a commentary within Logos. So the ability to tell Logos that my "personal commentary" is a commentary and have it act like a commentary would be nice. (Also nice to be able to tell Logos that a public domain commentary is a commentary).

Jacob, this is a wonderful idea.  I would get even more out of my Bible study in Logos if this was possible.  

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:49 PM

YES PLEASE. Yes

Just like they said. It would be great if our notes could "know" if they should act as commentary, bible text, etc.

(Even if the first release of PBB made us do extra work with tagging book/chapter/verse marks into out text, that we could do it at all would be VERY welcome and very useful.

Maybe a later version could have more powerful tools to automate that tagging a lot, I would be happy in the short term with any manual method that would enable this great suggestion.)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS