Page 7 of 9 (179 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 178 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 11:10 AM

JT (alabama24):
I slowly worked the G. K. Chesterton Collection by picking up one at a time each month... I just picked up the last one! On to a new challenge next month.

I ended up choosing to work through The Poetical Works of John and Charles Wesley. I should be finished with the series by the end of the year. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9751
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 11:53 AM

Beloved:

NB.Mick:

I understand the coupon code to look like the FL Connect one (there was a post from Faithlife that only in February both codes from LNow and FLC worked), so I went about like Alabama explained here and - since the website still shows the February code at this early hour on March 1 - "guessed" the FLC Classic eBook coupon for March: it worked. 

(I'm gradually building up the commentary set of Henry Cowles

Brilliant! Chipping away at Lightfoot.

Thanks. In case you missed it: it seems, FL decided to give another month with two free books, so the coupon code for March according to the LNow pattern does work, too! 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2123
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 12:17 PM

NB.Mick:
In case you missed it: it seems, FL decided to give another month with two free books, so the coupon code for March according to the LNow pattern does work, too! 

Super helpful! I didn't make the connection, Thanks.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 1 2018 12:39 PM

I just completed J D Jones collection.  Now only 37 titles on the list for me to choose from and that reduces down to 21 resources specifically categorised as English language.  Only collection left I could tackle is the 6 volume Lincoln collection. Not sure if this would make it into a base package library so might go for a few of the other one off titles left for next little while.

Posts 371
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 3:04 AM

Well folks,

It has been a while but now that the LN v FLC dust has settled and we've all enjoyed a few months of free books courtesy of FLC, I thought I'd resurrect this thread and share my recent additions. 

Faithlife Originals (Some highlights): 

I realise the list of original's changes each month, but sharing suggestions gives folk something to keep an eye out for in future selections.

From the Classic Section, I'm working my way through Schaff's Early Church Fathers Collection (https://www.logos.com/product/5771/early-church-fathers-protestant-edition

What have you acquired recently?

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 88
David Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 3:07 AM

I've just finished collecting John Owen's series on Hebrews, and now grabbed vol 10 of his other writings.

I may move onto starting a new series next month.

Posts 371
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 3:14 AM

David Couch:

I've just finished collecting John Owen's series on Hebrews, and now grabbed vol 10 of his other writings.

I may move onto starting a new series next month.

Great work, David! That is some serious dedication to a cause. What are they like, would you recommend the collection to others?

As before I thought I'd share the coupon codes here again. Since they are tired to our FLC accounts it shouldn't be a breach of forum rules in any technical sense... Happy to be corrected by an FL staffer though. 

August 2018

FREEORIGINALAUG

FREECLASSICAUG

Posts 88
David Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 3:31 AM

They're quoted every so often in some of the books I'm reading. I plan to work my way through Hebrews in the next few months, so will let you know!

Posts 1331
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 8:48 AM

LMAM:

Well folks,

It has been a while but now that the LN v FLC dust has settled and we've all enjoyed a few months of free books courtesy of FLC, I thought I'd resurrect this thread and share my recent additions. 

Faithlife Originals (Some highlights): 

I realise the list of original's changes each month, but sharing suggestions gives folk something to keep an eye out for in future selections.

From the Classic Section, I'm working my way through Schaff's Early Church Fathers Collection (https://www.logos.com/product/5771/early-church-fathers-protestant-edition

What have you acquired recently?

I was just looking over the list of Faithlife Originals for August.  I only see 10 resources listed.  Is it correct that those are the only 10 we have to choose from?

Posts 371
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 10:50 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

I was just looking over the list of Faithlife Originals for August.  I only see 10 resources listed.  Is it correct that those are the only 10 we have to choose from?

Yeah, it would appear that there are only ten to choose from this month. It may be that FL takes a slice of titles on a rolling rotation. If that is so then it may simply be that we are at the end of the rotation. Of course, there could be other reasons too.

Posts 1331
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 2:36 PM

LMAM:

Rick Ausdahl:

Yeah, it would appear that there are only ten to choose from this month. It may be that FL takes a slice of titles on a rolling rotation. If that is so then it may simply be that we are at the end of the rotation. Of course, there could be other reasons too.

Thanks for the confirmation.  Smile

Posts 314
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 3:48 PM

Would I be out of line with this one?
https://www.logos.com/product/81155/collectors-edition 
I mean, since we talking wish list and all Party!!!SurpriseStick out tongueBig Smile

LMAM:

Post your free LN book recommendations here. There are over 3000 titles we might as well pool our knowledge. 

Here are my offings: 

Bavinck's The Philosophy of Revelation: https://www.logos.com/product/4142/the-philosophy-of-revelation 

J.C. Ryle's Holiness: https://www.logos.com/product/15598/holiness-its-nature-hindrances-difficulties-and-roots 

Posts 371
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 8:15 AM

This month's FLC vouchers are: 

FREEORIGINALSEP

FREECLASSICSEP

This month I picked up the Ante-Nicene Fathers - Part 8.

I haven't picked up my original just yet as there seems to be an issue with the code not working as intended. Once this is fixed I'll let you know and post my chosen title at the same time. 

What classic title did you choose this month? Which Faithlife original do you have your eye on?

Posts 3765
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 9:35 AM

LMAM:

Post your free LN book recommendations here. There are over 3000 titles we might as well pool our knowledge. 

Here are my offings: 

Bavinck's The Philosophy of Revelation: https://www.logos.com/product/4142/the-philosophy-of-revelation 

J.C. Ryle's Holiness: https://www.logos.com/product/15598/holiness-its-nature-hindrances-difficulties-and-roots 

I've been working on getting most of Hegel's books.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 10:21 AM

LMAM:

A friendly reminder from the Forum Guidelines 

"Please do not use our forums to

• post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion."

Not 100% sure if this rule applies for this or not, but I assumed that it did

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 11:21 AM

fair point, but these codes only work if you are a subscriber to Connect. So for these alone, it shouldn't matter.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 371
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 12:34 PM

James Taylor:

A friendly reminder from the Forum Guidelines 

Hi James.

Thanks for your concerns and for you helpful reminder about the forum guidelines. FWIW, I've been posting the coupon codes (which I, also, believe, are useless if you are not an FLC subscriber) since September 2017, so far no one from Faithlife has said anything about it. 

Happy to be corrected though. :-)

Posts 1121
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 5:00 PM

I for one appreciate the codes being posted. Sometimes I don’t get the emails until well into the month, or they get buried in my junk mail and I need to search my inbox to find them.

Posts 371
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2018 1:27 AM

Good morning everyone, it is that day again - that's right - free book day! As always, codes are below. Don't forget to share your purchases too!

FREEORIGINALOCT

FREECLASSICOCT

This month I picked up the Scripture Parallels in Ancient Classics as my classic book - it looked like a good way of making use of my Perseus DIgital Library of Classics collection.

And Lies Pastors Believe: Seven Ways to Elevate Yourself, Subvert the Gospel, and Undermine the Church as my Faithlife Original.

What did you choose this month?

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2018 4:24 AM

JT (alabama24):
I ended up choosing to work through The Poetical Works of John and Charles Wesley. I should be finished with the series by the end of the year.

Two left! I'll need to find a new series next... Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 7 of 9 (179 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS