Logos for Catholics is not worth the while when staging outside the USA and Canada

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 10:44 AM

Can confirm that as the international edition is where all CCC links open up in my verbum, although funny enough even links from the NA version open in the international for me, again its level of prioritization that is why it is opening there.

-dna

Posts 22
Diederick Putter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 11:10 AM

I have asked logos to remove all resources referencing the CCC resource from my account and provide me with a refund.

Posts 10
Bede | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 5:34 AM

I have it in Verbum Bronze, but I'm not sure whether it's the International version or the US version.

I really would love to have the NJB in Verbum.

PS: I'm in England.

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 6:13 AM

Bede:
have it in Verbum Bronze, but I'm not sure whether it's the International version or the US version.

The US version says so in the long title.

Also to be 100% clear you can lookup the resource info: 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 6:52 AM

Since this thread focuses on the question whether CCC is usable in Logos for international customers, let me try to clarify that. 

Diederick Johannes Putter:

That "Not available" is simply the normal behavior that shows when you don't own any version of a linked book. I can definitely confirm that these links from the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible show the CCC International edition or the CCC US edition (depending on which is prioritized higher in your library, if you own both) once you own at least one of them.

I tested that with both editions and both work - the screenshot above shows the International edition but they both work the same (I own the US-version from way back, before Logos realized they only had a crippled license).

The CCC International edition is contained in all Verbum base packages from Starter up, and in the subscription-based Verbum Cloud Premium offering.

Since it has no product page of its own, this is the resource page: https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_CATCATHCHRCHITL/catechism-of-the-catholic-church 

The Verbum Cloud Premium shows as 0.00 EUR since this subscription-based product offers a free introductory month - so you could subscribe and test-run it for a month (be sure to cancel it, if you don't like it, since the EUR 43 subscription - around 640 ZAR, according to Google - is a monthly subscription to a large library that resembles a higher base package). I personally think there's a lot of value in the Verbum Starter package, if one can afford it - and I would recommend Faithlife to try and offer the international edition of CCC as a standalone product.   

The CCC US edition is available in three collections - the one at the top explicitly states on its product page that it is not for sale outside North America. You may try the other ones (sometimes that works, at least for a time) if you are not interested in a base package at all.

This is the resource page as well: https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_CATCATHCHRCH/catechism-of-the-catholic-church 

Hope this helps.

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 22
Diederick Putter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 8:11 AM

Mick, thank you for your investigation regarding the CCC resource. I have purchased the Standard Gold package and obviously this resource did not came as part of it, as it is only available in the Catholic base packages as per your explanation. It seems that logos is contradicting themselves as this resource is not available in my country, except if I go for the Catholic base packages then? Not sure how the licencing issues then apply. It seems rather awkward, this is just another hidden tactic from logos to make money - I frankly totally lost interest in logos. Although I have made a substantial investment, I will switch to another product. It is sad how logos only have their own interest at heart. I presume their policy is take it or leave it. I am moving on to something more ethical and where customers are acknowledged. Logos is not a religious company, they saw the market opportunity and are only interested in their profits. There are so many complaints from customers across the groups about logos services, I should have taken these more seriously when I have decided to invest with this company. Sad

Posts 873
LogosEmployee

Hi all, 

Sorry for not responding to this earlier. 

I am looking into this particular issue and am going to see what we can do about selling the Int'l version as a standalone product.

Other than the CCC and NJB, are what other Catholic resources are you encountering that have restrictions?

Thanks!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 22
Diederick Putter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:28 AM

Thank you Ben in assisting with this. There are more resources like the Grail Psalms. I have lost interest in these resources, but I'm sure that someone else would benefit if they are avaiable.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS