Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2019 10:54 AM

Nate Merritt (Faithlife):
Note that we disabled the webservices (per this thread) that allowed you to sync your Libronix licenses via the license sync functionality in Libronix Digital Library System (LDLS) 3.  That said, if you still have your old install available of LLS2 or LDLS 3 and never synced your licenses to Faithlife servers you can still contact Customer Service, send them your licenses file, and they can import your licenses to your account on your behalf.  Also, if you did sync your licenses (via either method) then customer service can verify any purchase that has been imported onto our servers.

Just to be clear...you are only talking about one-way import, right? Going from L3 to L>3, right?

I have tons of resources that I purchased and which had L3 compatibility, but I was prevented from downloading the L3 files from the ftp site before it was permanently shuttered. I sure would love to get those files activated on my L3 system.

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2019 11:27 AM

David Paul:
I have tons of resources that I purchased and which had L3 compatibility, but I was prevented from downloading the L3 files from the ftp site before it was permanently shuttered. I sure would love to get those files activated on my L3 system.

Oh my. 

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee

David Paul:
Just to be clear...you are only talking about one-way import, right? Going from L3 to L>3, right?

Correct.

David Paul:
I was prevented from downloading the L3 files

I'm not sure why you were prevented, since the order summary page still had links to download the files years after Logos 4 shipped: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/33278.aspx

However, I can't think of any way to download the files now, after the FTP server was shut down (unless someone else on the Internet mirrored the files).

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2019 4:20 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
However, I can't think of any way to download the files now, after the FTP server was shut down (unless someone else on the Internet mirrored the files).

I do have the Libby media DVD, version 4.0g if I'm not mistaken, but don't know whether it contains a full mirror of the ftp server.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 6:59 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
I'm not sure why you were prevented, since the order summary page still had links to download the files years after Logos 4 shipped

Water under the bridge...I didn't DL the files right after purchasing the resources, but later when I tried, there was something that kept the process from completing. Tbh, I don't remember the details. Others have mentioned the inability to sync and access the ftp server well before the server was officially shuttered.

Posts 516
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 8:34 AM

David,

I have most of the L3 book files, if you can tell what you need I will try and send it to you.

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 11 2019 8:57 PM

Bobby Terhune:

David,

I have most of the L3 book files, if you can tell what you need I will try and send it to you.

I appreciate that...however, is there any way to get the files to be recognized as unlocked? I downloaded most of the files for Anchor Bible (which I can access in L7), but I couldn't get them recognized as unlocked by the L3 server when it stopped functioning.

Posts 1

Sorry in advance if you all have already answered this somewhere. I just haven't found it yet and this thread is the closest I've come.

Years ago I purchased the Logos Scholars Library and other books including Word Biblical Commentary, The Essential IVP Reference Collection, and The Anchor Bible Dictionary. I still have all the install media (~10 CDs) and was able to install Libronix 2.1b, but obviously I can no longer activate it or update it. I don't have the license backup file because I had this stuff installed over 10 years ago when I was still preaching full-time. I've moved since and don't know where that license file is and don't have a floppy drive anyway. I found I already had an online account, but it showed no order history.

Is there any way I can activate this software, even if I'm just running the old version in an isolated compatibility mode (Windows)? Or can I import my library into the new Logos 8? I'm at a loss here. I would very much like to use this very expensive library, and would love a way to modernize it and start purchasing new additions.

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS