Four Views Christianity & Philosophy (Zondervan) Discounted

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 11 2017 1:19 AM

https://vyrso.com/product/55764/four-views-on-christianity-and-philosophy

Four Views on Christianity and Philosophy.

This comes within the Zondervan Counterpoint Series and is currently discounted to $4.99 (and is one of those titles that usually migrates later from Vyrso into Logos).

Posts 9147
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 3:44 AM

Thanks. This looks like an excellent book. I just placed my order.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5309
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 3:58 AM

It is already in prepub on Logos Website as part of a counterpoints series upgrade package.

StephenMcC:

This comes within the Zondervan Counterpoint Series and is currently discounted to $4.99 (and is one of those titles that usually migrates later from Vyrso into Logos).

Posts 3508
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 6:36 AM

Looks like this one slipped through the cracks.  Normally they remove them from vyrso when on PrePub in Logos.  Buy quick before they see this and remove it

Posts 434
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 6:51 AM

Thanks for the alert 👍

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 7:17 AM

Thanks!

StephenMcC:

Posts 6859
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 8:19 AM

Leo Wee Fah:

Thanks for the alert 👍

Ditto

Posts 3480
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 9:07 AM

Mattillo:
Looks like this one slipped through the cracks.  Normally they remove them from vyrso when on PrePub in Logos.

Things slipping through the cracks can be a bad thing. You can end up with duplicate resources with different LLS filenames, and not get the free Logos update, or dynamic pricing for what you owned in Vyrso.

Apparently it's difficult to fix after the Logos edition is published, so it's better for FL to find out about it in advance.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 3508
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 9:31 AM

PetahChristian:

Mattillo:
Looks like this one slipped through the cracks.  Normally they remove them from vyrso when on PrePub in Logos.

Things slipping through the cracks can be a bad thing. You can end up with duplicate resources with different LLS filenames, and not get the free Logos update, or dynamic pricing for what you owned in Vyrso.

Apparently it's difficult to fix after the Logos edition is published, so it's better for FL to find out about it in advance.

Thank you sir... I did not know that. I sent FL an email

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 10:50 AM

It's removed.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:23 AM

Aw, man! Saw this near the end of my lunch break but got a message so I decided to reply then and buy this when I got home instead. Gutted.

Posts 5309
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:44 AM

There is a second volume from the prepub set I also saw on Vyrso but not at a discount. Hopefully they removed this one too. Given these are being published by Z who generally don't offer day to day dynamic pricing the things you mention Petah could well be an issue with this particular resource.

PetahChristian:

Mattillo:

Posts 3508
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:49 AM

I wish they would move this to logos 

https://vyrso.com/product/53891/four-views-on-hell 

Posts 5309
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:52 AM

Mattillo:

I wish they would move this to logos 

https://vyrso.com/product/53891/four-views-on-hell 

Yes 

These sort of resources should never have been in Vyrso format in the first place.

Posts 121
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 12:04 PM

PetahChristian:

How many months has it been and still none of the Elyse Fitzpatrick books have been removed from Vyrso much less have the other issues been addressed. Sorry for those who missed out, but Faithlife made the right move by pulling this one. They just need to pull all the others that have been brought to their attention. That might be a start toward fixing the issue. 

Why are Art and Music: A Student's Guide and The Natural Sciences: A Student's Guide in Vyrso and not part of this collection in Logos?

Posts 3480
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 12:56 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
There is a second volume from the prepub set I also saw on Vyrso but not at a discount.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to let FL know, if you haven't already. They rely on us to catch things that are missed.

DBR:
How many months has it been and still none of the Elyse Fitzpatrick books have been removed from Vyrso much less have the other issues been addressed.

I suspect part of the problem is that they have several stores with tens or hundreds of thousands of resources, and limited manpower to accomplish everything that would need to be done on a regular basis. If they dedicated a person to fix all the things that are on our radar, I expect it would negatively affect something else from being done. I don't envy how difficult it must be to prioritize things and also try to keep customers happy.

Perhaps when they design and implement the next version of their store software, they can factor in ways for better automated detection and correction of issues, so potential problems could be handled before they required human reporting/intervention, especially when things are difficult to correct after a book is published.

It would be wonderful if automation could detect and correct issues such as

• Lack of dynamic pricing on collections,
  • Books that are only sold in a collection, which need to be sold individually,
  • Books that are pulled from the store but are still used by Mobile Ed courses, and
  • Books that are sold on two stores.

I'm sure FL can think of other issues too, but I have to believe that they are doing what they can to be profitable yet also keep their costs down. I also think FL has many plans to improve things (including Logos) but these different demands all take time and money.

May God give them the wisdom and leading to know which way to go, as they seek direction for the program as well as the business.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 5309
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 1:23 PM

PetahChristian:

There is a second volume from the prepub set I also saw on Vyrso but not at a discount.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to let FL know, if you haven't already. They rely on us to catch things that are missed.

I would be happy to let them know if a contact person exsited for the Vyrso store. If you know of one please provide the contact details so I can let them know. 

Posts 3480
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 1:53 PM

I would be happy to let them know if a contact person exsited for the Vyrso store. If you know of one please provide the contact details so I can let them know.

I don't know if he's the best or only person to contact, but I do know that Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) can make sure that a book is removed from the Vyrso store.

I imagine that he would also know who the primary contact person would be for this situation. If you find out that someone else should be contacted instead, please let us know!

Posts 482
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 2:45 PM

I had this on pre-pub and I bought the vyrso resource.. Probably a bad idea, since I got no credit on the pre-pub, so I just gave FL some extra $.  O well.

Posts 6859
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 3:01 PM

Travis Walter:

I had this on pre-pub and I bought the vyrso resource.. Probably a bad idea, since I got no credit on the pre-pub, so I just gave FL some extra $.  O well.

I always get my Vyrso upgraded for free to the Logos edition. I'm glad I got this one for $4 bucks 😁 Now just wait for the upgrade 👍

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS