Classic Studies on Apostle Peter - Twin Peaks - Where will it cross the line?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4874
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 12 2017 7:10 PM

It could go over at $36 or $56 - close on both these points.

Moving your bid down to $36 will have no effect because your higher bid is already counted as a $36 bid.

Moving your bid up to $56 will tip the scales towards that peak.

What is really needed is new bidders at $36 to see that peak rise above the line first.

https://www.logos.com/product/54512/classic-studies-on-the-apostle-peter 

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 8:17 PM

Not entirely true. If a bid is moved from $56 to $36, it will cause the $56 bracket to lose 1 bid, thereby lowering the chance of success. We need new bidders in the price bracket that people are willing to pay. For me, that's $36.

Dale Heath

Posts 4874
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 11:22 PM

Dale E Heath:

Not entirely true. If a bid is moved from $56 to $36, it will cause the $56 bracket to lose 1 bid, thereby lowering the chance of success. We need new bidders in the price bracket that people are willing to pay. For me, that's $36.

Dale Heath

If my intent was to drive the $56 peak then yes you are right,  but my comment was aimed at it having no effect on the $36 peak.

It still remains we need new bidders at $36 not exsisting bidders at higher price points moving their bid down to $36. 

Of course if you want to pay $56 increase your bid to that amount, I'd prefer to pay $36.

Posts 44
Mikael S | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 4:45 AM

I'll make a rare exception and contribute to disspell the ignorance, now, and state that actually the very best is that ALL bidders (as nowhere close to all will do this anyway) move their bids to $48, including new bidders just putting in their bid - whichever point they had considered.

If You want the reasons:
1) It WON'T make it at $48 but at a cheaper peak, i.e. $36.
2) $48 counts as a bid on the $36 peak more forcefully than a bid at $36, because the higher a bid the higher it counts for the lower peak.
3) No-one should bid $56, because:
a) There's an imminent risk it makes it at that point, which would both mean a higher price for all and that about half of the bidders loose out.
b) 56 is not that much more than 48, so $48 still has some force.
4) Bidding $36 does help of course, but all of You can safely at this phase now move Your bid to $48 as it won't make it at $48 anyway, far from all who have a bid in since previously will ever review neither this thread nor the graph on the product page.

The aim with this is for it to go through to pre-pub while all community-pricing bidders would get the $36 price, which has a good enough peak.

The worst thing right now at this phase is to keep Your bid in at $56. Even though $56 does count for all the lower bids and is forceful, the thing is the top peak being at $56 which makes the risk it goes through at $56, a rather great risk.

I'm in with my three accounts (of which one is pretty much empty).

translatio-princpld...
10 Bibls.. Supporting the cause of the right for data

Posts 150
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 5:40 AM

Theoretically with the way community printing works a curve like this can't happen.

A lower cannot be higher on the chart tyhan a higher price, because each price point includes all bidders at higher prices in its cumulative total that determines where it places on the graph vertical axis.

Faithlife has bug in the process that displays progress graph.

Posts 3165
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 6:30 AM

Randy Lane:

Theoretically with the way community printing works a curve like this can't happen.

A lower cannot be higher on the chart tyhan a higher price, because each price point includes all bidders at higher prices in its cumulative total that determines where it places on the graph vertical axis.

Faithlife has bug in the process that displays progress graph.

It is true that a higher bid includes all lower prices, but a lower price can be at a higher funding than a higher price.

Let's say it takes 10 bids of $100 to get to 100% funding.

Those 10 bids are also 10 bids for $50 (however it takes 20 bids at $50 to get to 100% funding).

Suppose 11 new people now bid $50. Now there are 21 bids at $50, and $50 will be over 100% funding, while $100 will still be at 100% funding.

Posts 615
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 8:19 AM

Disappointed that this truly classic work on Peter, by Hugh Martin, didn't make it into the collection.

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 9:19 AM

Mikael S:
$48 counts as a bid on the $36 peak more forcefully than a bid at $36, because the higher a bid the higher it counts for the lower peak

why should that be so? 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 10:02 AM

I just bid $36, I don't personally  believe that a collection of 20 mainly 19th century public domain works justifies a much higher investment.

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 3:04 AM

I'm in at $56 with the hope that it will go lower.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 1:58 PM

so this crossed at 56, but there is a large peak at 36.  

would be nice to get the 36 to cross.

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 5:46 PM

Already down to $52 which is a promising sign

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 12:35 PM

I've never seen a CP do this. It's closing on 8/4, but it's below the line. At this point, the price could be anywhere between $36 and $56. I wonder what caused it to drop so far below the line. Bids withdrawn or what? Will they extend the closing until it crosses the line? I'm going to be out of town, so I'll just leave my bid at $56 to be safe.

Verrry interesting.....(from Laugh In) Dale Heath

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 3:55 PM

Dale E Heath:
I wonder what caused it to drop so far below the line.

My guess is that people withdrew their bids after it went over 100%.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 682
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 3:38 AM

We could ALL drop to $36 - and then with a little waiting we would all get it cheaper

Shalom

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:50 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

We could ALL drop to $36 - and then with a little waiting we would all get it cheaper

Shalom

But, it says it will close on Aug. 4 and the $36 bidders will lose out.

Dale Heath

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS