Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 21 2017 6:45 AM

I clicked the 'from these resources' link in the email I received saying that, as a Now subscriber, I'm entitled to one free book a month. No matter which book I choose from the list, it sticks with the original price, and there's no code I can find that reduces it to zero. Am I missing something?

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 21 2017 7:24 AM

Did you pick up another freebie already this month? It us possible you used your LN discount without knowing.  They are not marked when you buy them. 

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 21 2017 9:57 AM

David Matthew:
Am I missing something?

As Justin mentioned, the most likely explanation is that you have already acquired a free book from the list this month. If you think that isn't the case, you could provide a screenshot of your purchases from the last 30 days and we can help see if that is the case. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 8:52 AM

Many thanks, guys. I think that explains it!

Posts 5048
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 2:34 AM

Delete; will create a new post

Posts 138
Dave Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 3:53 AM

Does it reset on the 1st of each month, or 30 days later?

I haven't bought anything that qualifies since last month (5th), and nothing is showing as free...

Posts 25777
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 4:12 AM

David Couch:
I haven't bought anything that qualifies since last month (5th), and nothing is showing as free.

For August you need to use a coupon code - available on the members page at https://www.logos.com/now-members 

On that page it says - "Please note that the titles on this list won't appear free until you apply the coupon code in the cart."

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 5:47 AM

And when were FL going to communicate this change of process to us? Another communications FaiLure from this company.

Graham Criddle:

David Couch:
I haven't bought anything that qualifies since last month (5th), and nothing is showing as free.

For August you need to use a coupon code - available on the members page at https://www.logos.com/now-members 

On that page it says - "Please note that the titles on this list won't appear free until you apply the coupon code in the cart."

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 7:45 AM

Sadly so. Tongue Tied

Posts 937
LogosEmployee

We have communication going out over the next few days (we updated the member page on July 31 and we have an email going out on Friday). We didn't want to preemptively communicate it because we didn't want to create confusion for people who still hadn't taken advantage of July's free book.

For context, we made this change so that people could intentionally choose which book they want. Last month we ran into problems where people would hit the website, see free books, grab one, only to realize afterward that this was their Logos Now free book.

Sorry for the confusion on this. We're working on ways to better communicate new benefits to our Logos Now members.

Having said that, keep your eyes open over the next few months for new benefits!

Senior Director, Bible Study Products

Posts 1486
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:21 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Having said that, keep your eyes open over the next few months for new benefits!

Ah, a cliffhanger. Big Smile

Any hints???

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:56 AM

Ben thank you for responding but all you have done is create confusion for those trying to get their free book for August.  Customers can not read your mind. If you change something it needs to be communicated immediately not a week or so later. 

We have communication going out over the next few days (we updated the member page on July 31 and we have an email going out on Friday). We didn't want to preemptively communicate it because we didn't want to create confusion for people who still hadn't taken advantage of July's free book.

For context, we made this change so that people could intentionally choose which book they want. Last month we ran into problems where people would hit the website, see free books, grab one, only to realize afterward that this was their Logos Now free book.

Sorry for the confusion on this. We're working on ways to better communicate new benefits to our Logos Now members.

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 9:04 PM

This seems like a much better system. Thank you

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 16
Dennis Pulley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 5 2017 7:12 AM

I had the same experience.  I can not think of another I purchased from the list this month.

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 5 2017 7:19 AM

Dennis Pulley:
I had the same experience.  I can not think of another I purchased from the list this month.

Since your post is in the past tense, I am not sure if you are continuing to experience the problem or not. As has been discussed in this thread, FL has moved to a coupon code to redeem. The resources will list at regular (or sales) price, but will be shown as "free" when you apply the coupon code in your shopping cart. This method will allow users to not place multiple resources in their cart and get charged (since only one is actually free). 

Posts 16
Dennis Pulley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 6 2017 5:04 AM

I can not get Logos to accept the free book code.  I have tried several times with no success.  Thank you for your help

Dennis

Posts 25777
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 6 2017 6:23 AM

Dennis Pulley:
I can not get Logos to accept the free book code.  I have tried several times with no success.  Thank you for your help

Just to confirm - do you have a current Logos Now subscription?

Posts 16
Dennis Pulley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 7 2017 8:13 AM

Yes Graham, I do have an active account.  Next monthly billing is August 14/

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 7 2017 9:08 AM

I was not able to open the free book,I asked Faithlife and gave me a code ,with it I could open it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 7 2017 10:24 AM

Dennis Pulley:

Yes Graham, I do have an active account.  Next monthly billing is August 14/

i would suggest calling faithlife directly 

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS