Customers Beware of Overpriced Vyrso resources.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 22 2017 3:45 PM

This resource came up in another thread. On the surface it look an interesting read for those interested in this topic...but the price in my local currency is over the top so when it comes to buying books like this a friendly reminder about Vryso  - buyer beware, particularly if you are an international customer of higher priced Vyrso items.

In the case of this particular book  I can get it for a lot cheaper in my own country in ebook format - $75.83 AUD vs $51.93 AUD.  Granted its not in the Logos environment but I would not pay an extra $24 AUD for that privilege. It is high priced and in Vyrso do your due diligence  before hitting the purchase button.

https://vyrso.com/product/120695/god-loves-diversity-and-justice 

https://www.dymocks.com.au/book/god-loves-diversity-and-justice-by-johnson-susanne-9780739173190/ 

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:35 PM

I think your "buyer beware", stated as a broadly worded warning, is taking things over the top. Prices vary between outlets. That's in the nature of things.

As an international customer I've sometimes felt that certain resources were on the expensive side. However, I've never felt the need to "beware of overpriced resources", and I've never felt gouged.

Posts 1138
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:45 PM

I don't think singling out international customers is valid in this case because US A' offers it for $38.05 for Kindle so it's the price in general that is quite high compared to other retailers. In the past Logos has lowered prices to be competitive with Amazon when it comes to Vyrso epubs so perhaps they can do that here once they become aware of the difference.

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 23 2017 12:35 AM

Lee you are free to take note of or ignore my warning as you see fit.

You are not free to suggest I was accusing FL of price gouging.  You did not need to construct a straw man in order to defend FL when all I was doing was warning people to check pricing.  If you don't appreciate me doing so simply move onto the next post. 

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 23 2017 12:37 AM

Tom Reynolds:

I don't think singling out international customers is valid in this case because US A' offers it for $38.05 for Kindle so it's the price in general that is quite high compared to other retailers. In the past Logos has lowered prices to be competitive with Amazon when it comes to Vyrso epubs so perhaps they can do that here once they become aware of the difference.

Fair call Tom, I did not look at Kindle pricing for USA customers. That said my general warning to check pricing on higher priced titles still stands and you have rightly extended that warning to all customers. I have edited the thread title to reflect your feedback.

Posts 1720
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 23 2017 2:59 PM

Our pricing is generally set automatically based on information we get from the publisher. At the moment we don't have resources for someone to be monitoring all the new prices; this is on our short-list of things to address soon.

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 23 2017 3:23 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Our pricing is generally set automatically based on information we get from the publisher. At the moment we don't have resources for someone to be monitoring all the new prices; this is on our short-list of things to address soon.

Bob I totally understand that which is why I never put blame on FL for the issue. Thank you for explaining how it works for others who do not understand the Vyrso model. If I had of said what you did I would have just had more accusations thrown at me. And it validates my intitial thoughts that under the model currently adapted by FL for the Vyrso bookstore that customers should do due dilegence in checking higher priced items at this store until you are in a position to offer a model that provides for monitoring this sort of scenario.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS