Trying to import my sermons

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Columbcille Dougherty | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 24 2017 9:16 AM

So I have an outline I was taught to use for my sermons, I am trying to move them into Logos sermons but it's proving difficult... it seems like what I do should be doable watching the videos but I could use some help...

Here is a link to my general outline
https://drive.google.com/open?id=130Ch13e7luwg86IeSEGfJ61YIMZb5Po-JgqiKMPtjKM

Posts 23277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 9:45 AM

Are you able to post a screenshot showing the sermon outline into a reply to this thread? You should be able to do this using the paperclip icon.

And what specific issues are you having?

Posts 38
Columbcille Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:12 AM

i posted the link above but here's a SS

Im having an issue with the formatting in general, its very easy in most document applications, but not very intuitive in Logos

Posts 23277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:37 AM

Sorry but it's still not clear what the problem is

I've just created a sermon document as below using the numbered lists and indent buttons

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

Posts 38
Columbcille Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 12:06 PM

ok  what about headings etc..

i was trying to make each numbered point a slide with the lettered points as a sub slide, etc or is that not how it works? i was looking at the edit slides

Posts 23277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 12:42 PM

Columbcille Dougherty:
i was looking at the edit slides

Best to start within the sermon document itself - and see what it generates automatically or on demand.

I have changed the "First Point" line to be "Heading 1" which automatically creates a slide with that on

Then I've changed the sub points to be standard, numbered text and used the "add slides from selected text" option

As you can see I think that nearly creates what you want - but it does show up a bug when you then edit the slide - with the "a" being lost and replaced by "1"

Assuming that bug were fixed how near would this be to what you are looking for?

Posts 38
Columbcille Dougherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 2:01 PM

Ah lovely i got it now!, now the main issue im having is if i put it on handout (which i plan to use more) its missing from "text"? do i have to enter everything twice? is there a way to save this template as well?

Posts 23277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 12:30 AM

Columbcille Dougherty:
if i put it on handout (which i plan to use more) its missing from "text"?

Headings that are marked as "handout" also appear in the Text view - but blocks of text marked in this way don't.

How are you planning to use the text and handout views?

Columbcille Dougherty:
is there a way to save this template as well?

Not within the Logos software itself - although that would be a nice feature

However if you log in with your Logos credentials to documents.logos.com you will see all of your documents including the Sermon ones. There you can duplicate a sermon document and a new version will then appear in your Logos software

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS