Searching for Journal article authors

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 49
Christopher Kou | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 24 2017 10:54 AM

Is it possible to search theological journals for articles by a particular author without searching the whole text and getting every single reference to the author's name?  For instance, searching for Meredith Kline yields results for many WTJ resources because many people cite him and also because he is listed as one of the editors of the journal.  Any way to find only articles authored by him?  Thanks.

Chris

Posts 25136
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:32 AM

Christopher Kou:
Is it possible to search theological journals for articles by a particular author without searching the whole text and getting every single reference to the author's name?

Try this

The help file shows what the options are

Posts 217
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:34 AM

Christopher Kou:

Is it possible to search theological journals for articles by a particular author without searching the whole text and getting every single reference to the author's name?

Yes, in the Search tab find where it says "Search 'All Text'", click on it, and select author under Search Fields.

This is a really handy feature!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 49
Christopher Kou | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:38 AM

Ah, excellent!  Thank you both.  I knew there had to be a way to do it.  Turns out there are at least two.  Big Smile

Chris

Posts 25136
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:47 AM

And, interestingly, on this occasion (in my library) the label search comes up with three more results that selecting author from the search fields!

Probably a tagging issue but I'm not sure - so worth checking both.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS