search parameters for the idea; concept, God goes before you

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 51
Jeremy Lobdell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:40 AM

Hello Everyone,

This week I'm preparing to preach on the beautiful passage of 2 Samuel 5. Verse 24 in particular caught my attention...

2 Samuel 5:24 (ESV)

24 And when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees, then rouse yourself, for then the Lord has gone out before you to strike down the army of the Philistines.”

I'm fascinated by the idea of God going before us.

To that end, can you create for me an excellent search that will reveal to the extent possible an exhaustive list of all the times in scripture where the subject:GOD , goes before, or ahead of his people or a person?

Thank you!

In Christ,
Pastor Jeremy

Posts 149
Alexander Fogassy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:26 AM

I'm not at my Logos computer, but I would try to search things like "God prepares the way" or "goes before" or something like that in an opened search panel to see if any topic/concept  "tags" come up. 

It's very possible the Logos has already indexed this for you. If so, when you select on the Tag, the search syntax in the search bar wil have brackets, or carots, or something like that to indicate that there is more going on than a simple word search. 

Good Luck!

Alex

Posts 19600
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 1:36 PM

One search idea is looking for verbs going/setting out that are close to God

(<Sense to go out> OR <Sense to go out (battle)> OR <Sense to go out (exit)>OR <Sense to go out (leave)> OR <Sense to set out>) WITHIN 3 WORDS (<Person God>,<Person Jesus>)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS