M2 Drive Updating Info

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2201
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 4 2017 9:09 AM

Came across this today. For those wanting a fast SSD upgrade.

https://www.howtogeek.com/320421/what-is-the-m.2-expansion-slot/ 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 4:27 PM

M.2 seems to have lots of potential and worth considering in future purchases. I'd love to hear from people who have actually used them to run Logos/Verbum.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 62
Ken Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 5:21 PM

I installed a Crucial MX300 m.2 (275 GB) two days ago and installed Logos 7 on it. Very snappy. Very easy to install. Took a total oh 5 minutes including opening and closing the case on my tower. Highly recommended!

Posts 2201
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 5:46 PM

I have PCI/e slots on my machine but I don't think I have the right ones for an M2 SSD. Maybe an older SSD might fit the slots. I know an MSATA SSD would work. I do like the idea of just plugging an SSD into the motherboard.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 6:25 PM

I put a 250GB PCI/e in my laptop as C drive and a standard SSD as D drive. I have posted elsewhere that with about 3,000 resources search's complete by the time I move my focus. I rarely see the progress blocks. Been on this one for about 8 months and cannot recall much of any wait for indexing even following updates. To me coming from a standard SSD as my C drive this is awesome for Logos. Toshiba includes this monitoring tool.

This how the Standard SSD does

Posts 1821
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 7:39 PM

I have NVMe M2 SSD from Samsung for few months already..

I don't see big improvements as far I can tell.. (maybe searches are 1-2 secs faster, but that's it)

I don't think Logos is utilizing the power from M2 Surprise .. (but as global, my pc programs in general are super fast)

If you have the slot, you must use it. It should be a crime to not use it. Zip it!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS