So Slow???

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 258
Theo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 5 2017 6:16 AM

What gives here? I have an 500 GB SSD drive. I have the goods below. I recently did a fresh install of Windows and Logos, and the program and a 15 page document in Word still lag at times? I have not installed much else since the fresh install because I was facing lagging issues. I only have the 2 programs running. I killed off just about everything in start-up and have not installed much else. So what am I not seeing here? What specs does a person need to have here????

Posts 4614
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 5 2017 7:09 AM

My go box has been very slow as well. Though not as beefy as yours mine shouldn't be having these issues as well

Posts 29599
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 5 2017 7:16 AM

Ken Rutherford:
So what am I not seeing here?

FL and/or a techie will need more info to help assess. First, you should post logs. Enable logging and reproduce the sluggishness. See my signature line for instructions. Additionally, screen shots & descriptions of your layout will be instructive. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 5 2017 10:59 AM

Your spec's sound great... I know on my MacBook Pro 2.3 i7 with 8 GB (older so upgrade is possible just have't done it yet) and a 512GB SSD I have very quick performance once it is started... but start up is still 54-70 seconds, usually always under a minute but there have been times. The slow start up is the nature of the beast. I remember years back talking to customer service ordering something and she saying how slow start up was and  how she always went and grabbed coffee after she started up and usually it was loaded when she got back to her computer (this was in Libronix 3.0 days). Now while the program was virtually totally overhauled in 4.0 and has had numerous improvements over the years but the slow start up has remained. If you are talking about slow starting there is nothing you can do, if you are talking about slow post start up, there would appear to be something amiss. Hopefully with your logs we can get some answers to help you...

-dan

Posts 378
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 5 2017 5:57 PM

Ken,

Do post logs, they can be extremely helpful. I muse every so often about Logos being laggy and slow to start up. The last time I did that (and posted logs), someone noted that my copy of Logos was having problems with several visual filters I had picked up along the way. Deleting those filters didn't impact my workflow at all, and did improve the speed and stability enough to be noticeable. That said, I would never put fast / responsive and Logos in the same clause. 

Posts 443
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 6 2017 6:34 PM

Ken, you can check out the following thread for some common factors that cause Logos to slow down: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/139432/890650.aspx#890650. See if any of these factors that I and others suggest apply to your situation. If you still have problems, then providing the additional information that alabama24 suggested would be the next step.

Thankfully, Faithlife has been working hard lately to improve Logos 7's performance and to provide additional tools to do so. I hope they keep at it!

Posts 2840
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 7 2017 6:17 AM

Also, if you just reinstalled Windows, have you installed the chipset drivers for your computer? This step often gets overlooked and is one of the most important. Until they get installed you're probably not using the full capacity of your computer. If you just did a system restore, then you did. But if you reinstalled from a Windows installation disk you probably didn't, unless you took this step separately.

Posts 258
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 20 2017 4:24 AM

Thank you all! Been terribly busy. I finally got it doing the log as requested. Then my pc went crazy so I got a hold of customer support, and we ran through everything, cleaned everything, etc. Supposed to check back in a couple of days to see if the issues are resolved. Let's see if this fixes my issues and I'll get back to you guys if it does not. God Bless you all!

Posts 3
Adekunle Ibrahim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 20 2017 6:20 AM

i have tried and re-install the window and is like it working fast, but let me wait for some weeks of running it and see what will happen. thanks a lot.

Posts 164
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 20 2017 9:53 AM

How many resources do you have linked together (Link set)? Every additional resource linked means that every time a reference is updated, every resource has to update along with it.

Another common factor are tools such as Passage Guide, which have several things that can be collapsed or expanded. If all of these are expanded, then every time the resource updates everything must update. Try collapsing all and expanding them individually as needed.

These are two common causes of 'lag' or 'choppiness' in Logos.

Logos 9 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (21H1) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.15.7 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPadPro (2020) iPadOS 14.6 | iPhoneXR iOS 14.6

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS