Having a Note Document show up in all my Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 8 2017 6:27 AM

I have added a Note Document to the current Bible I am using. But I also use other Bibles. I'd like this perfectly good Note Document to show up in any Bible I am using. I thought Visual Filters would allow me to turn the Note "on" in whatever Bible I was using so I tried to find place in a Context Menu that would allow me to "Save as Visual Filter."   I was unsuccessful and no other thoughts have come to mind.   

I would like this one Note file to show up in multiple Bibles rather than having to add the same Note Document file to each Bible. Any suggestions?

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 7:21 AM

You should see a list of notes under the visual filter menu in the bible resource.

For example, if I add a note in my ESV to Ephesians 4:17, I can open my NASB and if the note indicator is also present. If it is not, then I can click the Visual Filter menu (that is the three dots in the shape of a triangle) in the NASB and scroll to Notes and Highlights. There I should see the name of the Note File I created in the ESV. Make sure it is checked, and it should appear in your NASB

Posts 25226
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 7:23 AM

Hi Pat

A couple of ways of going about this.

But first some terminology. We make Notes and Notes are stored in Notes Documents.

The easiest thing to do is to make a "note by reference" which you do by ensuring that the verse / passage reference is selected on the right side of the context menu before creating the note. This then creates a icon in the text indicating the presence of a Note which can be seen in all Bibles - and other versified resources such as commentaries. It sounds as though you have been creating "notes by selection" where you create the note against some selected text.

another option, which only works with original language Bibles or Bibles with reverse interlinear is to create the note in one Bible and  then turn on the Corresponding Notes and Highlights option in the Visual Filter menu for the resource.

Hope this makes sense. I'm not at my computer at the moment so can't post screenshots but please post back if anything is unclear or it doesn't give you what you want

Posts 2473
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 8:35 AM

Graham Criddle:

The easiest thing to do is to make a "note by reference" which you do by ensuring that the verse / passage reference is selected on the right side of the context menu before creating the note. This then creates a icon in the text indicating the presence of a Note which can be seen in all Bibles - and other versified resources such as commentaries. It sounds as though you have been creating "notes by selection" where you create the note against some selected text...

Hope this makes sense. I'm not at my computer at the moment so can't post screenshots 

To illustrate Graham's helpful post

The red circle is "note by selection", the blue circle will attach "note by reference"

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 25226
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 9:11 AM

Thanks David 

Posts 5860
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 11:38 AM

In addition to what Graham has posted Pat, you might find the Corresponding Notes and Highlights Feature is the Visual Filter you mention. For more information see: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/120644/789280.aspx 

Posts 3167
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 11:54 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
Corresponding Notes and Highlights Feature

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Thanks for this. I've not had occasion to use this feature.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 6:16 AM

Thanks Graham for the info and thanks David for the screen shot. Everything fell into place. And thanks DOC for the additional info. I'll look at it this week-end

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS