Link to a resource in biblical text

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 9 2017 7:37 PM

When I find a particularly useful section in a resource (like a commentary), I'd like to put a link in the Bible text to point to it. How can I do that?

Posts 10128
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 7:52 AM

Nelson R. Pardee:

When I find a particularly useful section in a resource (like a commentary), I'd like to put a link in the Bible text to point to it. How can I do that?

• In the "useful section" resource you open the resource menu (click the picture tile to the top left) and choose "copy link as URL" 
  • In the Bible, you add a note (e.g via right-click menu) and paste the link.

Hope this helps - if you need to, I can provide screenshots later today. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3266
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 8:52 AM

If you already have an existing note for the particularly useful section, you could "Edit Attachment Points" for that note, and add the bible reference.

Here's how that note would appear in the Bible:

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 17 2018 11:43 AM

I know I asked this several months ago, and I presume I got it working. However, I am once again confused. I can create the link, but the next step eludes me. Do I need first to create a note, and then associate that with the text and somehow with the link? When I right click, here's what I see. Thanks.

Posts 25105
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 17 2018 6:10 PM

Nelson R. Pardee:
Do I need first to create a note, and then associate that with the text

1. If necessary create a Note from your bible

From your screenshot, having selected "submit" you need to select "Add a note to ...."  at bottom left.

(you may need open/create a Note file for Ephesians as the available one is for Philippians)

2. In the Note file, click the down arrow on the right and select "Edit Attachment points"

3. In your Commentary, select the useful reference (as below)

Then click on "Attach to current selection", then "Done"

Repeat for other interesting articles on "submitting" and they will be tied to your Bible note on Eph 5:21

From your Bible you click the Note indicator (usually a triangle) to see the Note file with all the links to commentaries, etc.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS