Dataset Updates: August 21, 2017

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3323
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 25 2017 6:00 AM

Why can't we move this videos into the logos ecosystem where we can download them and don't have to worry about streaming?

Posts 13372
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 25 2017 8:38 AM

Mattillo:

Why can't we move this videos into the logos ecosystem where we can download them and don't have to worry about streaming?

I think because the sheer volume of them makes it easier for Logos to provide them by a webservice than in a traditional resource that needs to be maintained and updated.

Also because they want us to be able to share at least some of them, and therefore need them on the web for that.

And finally, because they'll need to be part of the web for the web app, and if they're ever to be ported to mobile use.

So a choice to do only Logos ecosystem is not really viable, and to do Logos and web would increase costs and development time which could be spent on something else.

That said, I don't see why a Chrome window can't pop up inside Logos, instead of being booted to my browser. That surely would be straightforward.

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 26 2017 12:54 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Hi Mark.

I've followed up, and while this isn't my area and I may get some details wrong, SoundFaith is already in the process of migrating to use the same player used by Faithlife TV, which should (they tell me) alleviate these persistent, historical issues.

I don't have a specific timeline for this, but I'm led to believe it is weeks not months.

Every video that I attempt to play says, "this video cannot be displayed". Pretty much useless at this point. And there needs to be a way to import those video's and the video's from faith life TV into Proclaim. 

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 31 2017 10:02 AM

Playback of these videos should now be significantly improved.

There may still be an initial buffering delay where the video appears to be frozen when you first click the play button. We have plans for more improvements, but at the very least they should work now.

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 1874
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 7:09 AM

Mark Barnes:
There may be one downside, however. Faithlife TV doesn't allow you do download the videos, whereas SoundFaith does. Being able to download videos is important for presentations, etc., and it would be disappointing if that ability was removed

It appears your concern was rightly expressed. I am trying to download 

https://soundfaith.com/logos-media/732163-5039878--  for use in a Sunday School lesson. I try to right-click (in Windows) and I can copy a jpeg of the opening screen, but can't copy/download the mp4.  Any suggested workarounds?

cf. http://community.logos.com/forums/t/152212.aspx

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS