How do I use the Tyndale Commentaries-49 volumes in a search?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 22 2017 12:22 PM

I just bought the Tyndale Commentaries and when I do a Phrase search on a verse, the title of the Tyndale Commentary does not show up in the search list. All of my other commentaries are listed in the search list.

I do have a "Concise Tyndale Commentary" and that shows on the list of search. I placed the "Concise Tyndale" in the "Hidden" list to prevent confusion in searching, but when doing the search, the "Concise Tyndale" Keeps coming-up in the search list and not any of the books from the 49 volume Tyndale Commentaries?

It seems the only way for me to utilize any of the books from the 49 volume is to go to the library and click on the book that I need.

I currently have the "Silver Package." Books-1275. I have 144GB of space left.

Thanks for your time.

Dan 

Posts 24641
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 12:32 PM

Just to make sure I understand if you do a search like the one shown below you don't get results from the Tyndale Matthew volume?

Does Logos show that indexing is still continuing?

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 1:31 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are correct. No matter the verse, the appropriate book from the "Tyndale Commentary" does not appear.

Thanks again for replying.

Dan 

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 1:51 PM

Mr. Criddle,

Something else I noticed, is that when typing the commentary, in question, it does not show in the drop-down command list?

Thanks for your time.

Dan

Posts 29359
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 1:57 PM

Providing a screenshot of your search may be instructive. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 2:18 PM

Thanks alabama24,

Mysteriously, it's working just fine now? I'll keep an eye on it and take any screen shots if this persist again.

Thanks for your time 

Dan

Posts 8047
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 2:35 PM

You could search per book.  There should be a search/loop icon right next to the visual filter icon when you open one of the commentaries (See picture below).   When you search through that it will only search that specific commentary.   The other option is create a collection of the entire 49 volume set, and then perform a search on the entire collection.

DAL

Posts 69
Daniel Presley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:01 PM

Thanks DAL for the reply.

Here's whats going on since my last post: After talking to Mr, Criddle, LOGOS was just finishing up on downloading an update to the Commentary that's in question here. After indexing, I shut LOGOS down, waited several seconds, then restarted the program. I then typed into the command a book, and then the Commentary opened to the book. It worked from the command.

But what I did find with this set of Commentaries, is that is does not open when you type a passage in the "Home" page. It will display all my other Commentaries? The only option I have is to type it in the Command bar. For some reason this set does not have an automatic opening? I was watching a video on opening Commentaries and working with them. I noticed that when the person put the passage into the search box, the "New American" Commentaries opened.

But, all-in-all, we all are usually typing something into the Command box from time to time-so, no problem.

Thanks for your time, and all your help.

Dan 

Posts 776
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:19 PM

Since they were just downloaded, you should remember to visit the Library pane and prioritize this commentary series. Drag one of the volumes to the priorities list.  You should locate it in a position commensurate with your interest in this commentary series relative to your other commentaries.

If you do not do this, then Logos will not "know" that you prefer to return results from these volumes before others which you own.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS