Notes across different versions

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Katie | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 25 2017 10:41 PM

I have Logos on the desktop computer as well as on my Kindle Fire.  Is there a way I can sync my highlights and notes across a few different Bible versions instead of having to put them in manually?

Posts 19229
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 26 2017 12:19 AM

Katie:
 Is there a way I can sync my highlights and notes across a few different Bible versions instead of having to put them in manually?

You can ensure that notes (not highlights) turn up across different versions and across all platforms if you create a note by reference as opposed to by selection. (The interface is different on the Kindle platform but the same capability is there)

With Logos 7 (apart from the free package) you have the ability to "sync" highlights as well with the "corresponding notes and highlights" visual filter

This functionality is not currently present in the mobile device.

Which leads me on to a question. What version of Logos software are you using on the desktop (you have posted in the Logos 5 forum)? Logos 5 is no longer supported and the free Logos 7 engine is available at https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic 

Posts 18
Katie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 26 2017 12:23 PM

Graham--It says I am using Logos 7 (that is what I see when I double-click to open).  I am not sure what version is in the Kindle Fire.  

And I didn't see that I had posted in the Logos 5 Forum (that'll teach me not to post when sleepy!  Big Smile)

So I can have notes--but not the highlights?

Posts 19229
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 27 2017 9:27 AM

Creating notes by reference will cause an icon to appear in all versified resources on all platforms. But you don't get the highlights 

Highlights can be seen across different versions (either original language resources or those with reverse interlinears) using the corresponding notes and highlight feature. But this doesn't work on mobile.

Does that clarify?

Posts 18
Katie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 1 2017 11:36 PM

Somewhat--I'll have to work with it some more.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS