Cross-Reference multiple verses with an explanation

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Robert David Karch | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 6 2017 8:40 AM

How do you create a note of some sort that is attached to multiple references?

There are two different but related tasks I'd like to accomplish:

1) Commentary on related texts:

If I have written a brief explanation on a topic that appears 5x in Scripture, I would rather type in that explanation once, and then link that explanation to all 5x that topic appears in Scripture. Then, when I open a Bible or resource, my explanation appears as a note or link or something.

As a pastor, I probably have hundreds of these kinds of topics and explanations.

What I've done up to this point is copy and paste my explanation onto a note for each Scripture text. 

2) Links to related verses I can click on without having to open a note. 

Is there a way to simply add a list of related Scripture links to multiple related-verses at the same time?

I would also like to add my own original thoughts and research.

Posts 3252
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 8:56 AM

Robert David Karch:
If I have written a brief explanation on a topic that appears 5x in Scripture, I would rather type in that explanation once, and then link that explanation to all 5x that topic appears in Scripture. Then, when I open a Bible or resource, my explanation appears as a note or link or something.

You can click the dropdown to the right of a note and select "Edit attachment points."

This will let you attach the same note to multiple passages, and a note icon will appear next to each passage that you can hover over to read your explanation.

Posts 9
Robert David Karch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 9:00 AM

Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for. 

Is this a new feature on Logos 7? I remember researching this a few years ago and wasn't able to find a solution.

Posts 3252
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 9:08 AM

It was one of the updated notes features for Logos 6.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS