Report Typo's automated response

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 44
Scott Sanjay Hayes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 7 2017 1:52 PM

Currently the Report Typo feature sends a generic automated response that tells me which book that I submitted a typo for. However, it doesn't include the typo itself as it will be submitted to the publisher. In the future, could you please include in the automated email response the text of what the user entered into Report Typo? That would big a big help in remembering which typos I reported in which I have not. Thanks!

Posts 881
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 3:22 PM

An even better solution would be to save them locally as a "Your Typo Reports" visual filter, that corrects them accordingly.

Posts 1555
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 3:37 PM

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:
In the future, could you please include in the automated email response the text of what the user entered into Report Typo?

That's a good idea. 

My workaround: I made an "typo" highlight that I use to mark each typo that I report. Occasionally, I do a search for the "typo" highlight to see if any have been corrected.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 5:36 PM

Great suggestion Scott.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1
Randy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 1:20 PM

I also mark typo's with a red 'X' and note that I submitted it.

This brings me to a question that I have been wondering (sorry if this should be a separate thread or has already been addressed). I've gone back to hardcopies of the electronic resources on occasion (i.e. Vine's Expository Dictionary) and found the typo's there. Does Logos change the electronic resources in that situation? Or do they simply try to be true to the original?

Most of the typo's that I submit are wrong Scriptural references. In fact, I just found one in Erdman's Bible Dictionary that references Hebrews 13:5 instead of Hebrews 13:15.

I guess I'm wondering if I should keep wasting the time of our dedicated Logos workers if the "typos" cannot actually be addressed. I guess I rarely have both hard copy and electronic resources so I will rarely be able to determine where the typo was introduced.

So... mainly just curious.

Posts 2915
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 2:12 PM

Levi Durfey:

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:
In the future, could you please include in the automated email response the text of what the user entered into Report Typo?

That's a good idea. 

My workaround: I made an "typo" highlight that I use to mark each typo that I report. Occasionally, I do a search for the "typo" highlight to see if any have been corrected.

I do the same thing

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:

Currently the Report Typo feature sends a generic automated response that tells me which book that I submitted a typo for. However, it doesn't include the typo itself as it will be submitted to the publisher.

As part of the discontinuation of Libronix services (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/146796.aspx) we will soon be disabling the email that’s sent (once per 24 hours) after the receipt of a typo report. The typos will still be logged, but an email will no longer be sent.

I've logged your feedback internally for possible future enhancements to the report typo service.

Posts 44
Scott Sanjay Hayes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 1:36 PM

If there's no feedback to the use, doesn't that discourage use of the feature ramother than encourage it? I know I would be more motivated to report typos if I got a response of what I reported.

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 1:50 PM
Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:
If there's no feedback to the use, doesn't that discourage use of the feature ramother than encourage it?
I dont think that was Bradley's point. The way I understood him is that as a part of doing some "house cleaning" and getting rid of outdated processes, the system which sends the emails will be removed (as a by product of that house cleaning). In other words, there is something old and antiquated (the Libronix services) which needs to be removed. As a result, the automated email will be removed and a new process will have to be added (at a later date).

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:

If there's no feedback to the use, doesn't that discourage use of the feature ramother than encourage it?

I guess that's up to the individual. I'm not certain that the current "Typo received and logged" email was particularly helpful (or encouraging) to many people. As you said yourself, it was a "generic automated response".

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:
I know I would be more motivated to report typos if I got a response of what I reported.

I understand that and have logged your suggestion of better feedback for typo reports.

As alabama24 said, we're cleaning up some web services that were originally shipped for Libronix DLS, are not essential, and are interfering with our ability to deliver some improvements for all Logos 7 users. The Report Typo Email ended up being included in that list. Since yours appeared to be the only forum post about this in the last 2-3 years, I thought it would be helpful to give an indication here that it will be going away soon.

Posts 450
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 8:05 PM

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:

Every time I spot a typo I have to decide whether it's worth it to me to have an automated email clogging up my inbox just for the chance that the resource might get updated 6 months from now. I can't wait for the inbox spam to go away.

Posts 4913
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 8:57 PM

I have never seen it as spam but rather confirmation my report at least has made it through to Logos. Beyond that point it enters the black hole with no feedback on if anything ever gets done with it.

Dave Moser:

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:

Every time I spot a typo I have to decide whether it's worth it to me to have an automated email clogging up my inbox just for the chance that the resource might get updated 6 months from now. I can't wait for the inbox spam to go away.

Posts 10519
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 5:35 AM

Dave Moser:
Every time I spot a typo I have to decide whether it's worth it to me to have an automated email clogging up my inbox

Your inbox is clogged by a single email? Wish that was all my inbox had to worry about Stick out tongue

Posts 450
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 12:23 PM

Jack Caviness:
Wish that was all my inbox had to worry about

Quite to the contrary - I have a pretty large inbox throughput. That's why adding anything additional is unhelpful to me.

Posts 3023
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 1:02 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
I understand that and have logged your suggestion of better feedback for typo reports.

The one piece of feedback I want to get is an email later that, says, "X resource(s), for which you have submitted typos, have now been updated. These updates include the correction of some typos which had been identified by Faithlife software users like you."

Posts 4913
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 1:29 PM

We all want it but not likely to happen.

SineNomine:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

The one piece of feedback I want to get is an email later that, says, "X resource(s), for which you have submitted typos, have now been updated. These updates include the correction of some typos which had been identified by Faithlife software users like you."

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS