Bug: Logos Bible Software 7.9 7.9.0.0013 running slow

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 7 2017 6:24 PM

For the past few weeks, Logos has been running dreadfully slow. Everything, and I mean everything, hangs. I'm running a newer MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29), so the problem should not be my system. This is killing my workflow—any suggestions?

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 6:27 PM

Peter Montoro:
any suggestions

We will need more info. What are you doing? Screenshot? How much free space do you have? You will likely need to post logs (see my signature line). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 10:44 PM

It drags for all functions, regardless of what I am doing. As an example, it hangs when I type a title into the command box and pretty much everything else. I have 250 GB of free space on an SSD, 16GB of fast RAM, etc etc. I think this version of Logos may have a compatibility issue either with the MacBook Pro or the latest operating system. As I mentioned, its not as though their is a bug with a particular function but rather the entire program is running at a snails pace. Reminds me of the beta for Mac, only slower. 

Posts 233
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 11:19 PM

I'm running the latest update to Logos 7 on a 2013 27" iMac with Sierra 10.12.6 and have not experienced any slowdowns. If other apps are likewise running slow you may have a hardware problem with your MacBook Pro.

I usually keep Logos open in the background while preparing sermons in MS Word and use the copy or replace with passage feature and things move along nicely.  You might want to do a First Aid check on your SSD from Recovery to make sure there are no problems.

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 11:29 PM

The senior pastor here is experiencing a very similar problem, also with a MacBook Pro. It may be something specific to the laptop? Other apps are not running slow, only Logos. 

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:03 AM

Logs are needed. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1573
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:45 AM

Peter Montoro:
The senior pastor here is experiencing a very similar problem, also with a MacBook Pro. It may be something specific to the laptop?

I'm on a 2016 MacBook Pro with 10.12.6 Sierra and Logos is working fine for me. There could be number of reasons specific to your setup why Logos might be running slow. Posting logs as Alabama suggested will enable diagnosis of the problem.

Posts 24
Peter Montoro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 1:36 PM

How would I go about obtaining the logs?

Posts 1573
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 1:51 PM

Click on the link in Alabama's signature line or my own.

Posts 1573
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 7:00 AM

Could someone take a look at Peter's logs?

Posts 1573
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 8:01 AM

Bump

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 2:41 PM

Peter Montoro:

Hey Peter! I took a look at your logs here and I'm afraid I'm unable to see much in them. Would you mind creating new logs and this time operating the software/doing some research in the program while it's logging? Currently it's only showing a startup time of 10 seconds which is quite good. We'd like to see the times for other functions. 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS