Remove Lexham English Bible from mobile App

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Doug Maze | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 2:41 AM

I never once implied that I find the text of the LEB to be "offensive".  And I take issue with being labeled paranoid, even so ever subtly.  Obviously, like most other discussion sites, participats jump in without reading the posts that make up the entire thread. At least I pray that is the reason for the misintrepetation of some of the responders here.  The other explanation (and one that greatly saddens me) is the lack of tolerance here at FL, toward a divergant view concerning a Bible translation !  And I never said any negative about the LEB--Only that I chose not to use it. It appears that attitude on my part struck a raw nerve.  What is FL's ultimate position here ?  Unless a user gets in "Lock-Step" with all other FL subscribers, they are labeled "Heretic" ? Is there no tolerance at FL for individual liberty in choosing which Bible to use (without fear of excoriation) ?  Since when did LEB become the English language "Gold-Standard" in Bible translations, against which all others should be judged ?  Because I chose to a Bible translation produced by a publishing house that is not Lexham, puts me at odds with the FL Saff (and many users), to me is troublIng.  Having Scriptural reasources in a digital, searchable, format is Great !  But not to the extent of surrending Bible translations that Scripturally are "Rock" of our Church.

Posts 24632
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 4:22 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Daniel posted above that it's a bug that's planned to be fixed

I think you misunderstand both Daniel and Doug:

• Daniel is saying that the ability to remove a required resource is a "bug" which needs to be fixed.
  • Even if the ability is granted to remove the resource from downloads, Doug will still not be happy because the resource will still be in his library (albeit "in the cloud."). Users can "hide" chosen resources, but that does not apply to the "free to use" resources on mobile. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 24632
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 4:28 AM

Doug Maze:
Is there no tolerance at FL for individual liberty in choosing which Bible to use (without fear of excoriation) ?

Your ability to chose the translation(s) you want to use has never been in question. You can indeed choose whichever translation you want. The issue is that you don't want it in your library, and you feel that it simply being in your library will somehow lead you astray (your word "proselytize"). 

I don't understand your position, but I allow your right to hold it. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 7119
LogosEmployee

alabama24:
Daniel is saying that the ability to remove a required resource is a "bug" which needs to be fixed.

You're right; it looks like I did misread what he was saying would be fixed. Thanks for the correction.

Posts 3835
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:37 AM

Doug Maze:

I never once implied that I find the text of the LEB to be "offensive".  And I take issue with being labeled paranoid, even so ever subtly.  Obviously, like most other discussion sites, participats jump in without reading the posts that make up the entire thread. At least I pray that is the reason for the misintrepetation of some of the responders here.  The other explanation (and one that greatly saddens me) is the lack of tolerance here at FL, toward a divergant view concerning a Bible translation !  And I never said any negative about the LEB--Only that I chose not to use it. It appears that attitude on my part struck a raw nerve.  What is FL's ultimate position here ?  Unless a user gets in "Lock-Step" with all other FL subscribers, they are labeled "Heretic" ? Is there no tolerance at FL for individual liberty in choosing which Bible to use (without fear of excoriation) ?  Since when did LEB become the English language "Gold-Standard" in Bible translations, against which all others should be judged ?  Because I chose to a Bible translation produced by a publishing house that is not Lexham, puts me at odds with the FL Saff (and many users), to me is troublIng.  Having Scriptural reasources in a digital, searchable, format is Great !  But not to the extent of surrending Bible translations that Scripturally are "Rock" of our Church.

Doug

I assume that the above reply was meant to be addressed to me.

I am sorry that you feel the word 'offensive' misinterpreted your standpoint. It seemed to me the logical interpretation of a view that a book is so disliked that it is insufficient to allow it to remain unopened but that it must be removed from the library. Is that even possible in the Logos environment? As I understand it even hidden books are not removed from our ownership and remain retrievable at any point.

I may have jumped in but I can assure you that I have been following this thread since the first post.

I have many books in my library whose standpoints and views I disagree with. I keep them incase somebody quotes them to me as 'gospel' and I need to dispute the fact. Generally I don't read them or use them for reference but even with their (in my opinion) objectionable bias they are useful in some cases to help understand where others are coming from.

However the main point of my contribution was that I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that somehow the Lexham Bible was integrated into the workings of the faithlife app and, if that was indeed the case, then there would be other facets of the software that you might decide not to trust.

I will follow the rest of this thread with interest. I am sorry if my contribution caused upset. That wasn't my intention.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.