NA28 without Apparatus problem

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Scott W Edburg | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 14 2017 9:19 AM

Dear all,

It seems that I've owned the NA28 without the Apparatus for quite sometime. Why is that the case? The NA28 comes with the apparatus in print, but Logos is telling me that I need to buy a new $100.00 NA28 in order to have the apparatus. It seems harsh to spend an additional $100.00 to merely recieve the apparatus. Is there any way to solve this issue without dropping another $100.00?

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 1:29 PM

In communication with Logos sales, I was told that the publisher will not allow the apparatus to be sold separately. I then discovered that—with dynamic pricing—Stuttgart Scholarly Editions: New Testament was less expensive.

Still, this seems to run counter to Logos' long-standing promise that we would never be required to pay twice for any resource.

Posts 200
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 2:03 PM

Jack Caviness:

In communication with Logos sales, I was told that the publisher will not allow the apparatus to be sold separately. I then discovered that—with dynamic pricing—Stuttgart Scholarly Editions: New Testament was less expensive.

Still, this seems to run counter to Logos' long-standing promise that we would never be required to pay twice for any resource.

Because this is not Logos's doing, but the German Bible Society, this is technically not the same resource. The GBS sees this as two separate resources, the text alone and the text with the apparatus. This is the same across multiple platforms as well and is not specific to Logos.

Cliff

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 2:54 PM

Someone with better memory than me would have to remember how Logos shipped NA28. If I remember, NA28 with apparatus marks was distrubuted free with the apparatus pre-pub, if you already had NA28 w/o the apparatus marks. In any event, I netted my cost at about $65 before tax for both.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 269
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 5:00 PM

Hi all,

I'm taking the blame for this one. To give you the short story, we stopped supporting a certain version of the NA28 a few months ago. In July, we unlocked the new, supported version for everyone who owned the old version. I had swapped out the old version for the new version on that product page, but forgot to check a box to enable dynamic pricing.

Our desire is to not make you pay for the same resources twice. This was simply a box I forgot to check.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns regarding this!

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 8
Scott W Edburg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 5:11 PM

This is perfect, thanks!

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 16 2017 6:44 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns regarding this!

Daniel

Thank you for the post. I purchased Stuttgart Scholarly Editions: New Testament because the dynamic price was less than NA28 with Apparatus. Thinking about returning the package and purchasing the Apparatus alone—if that is feasible. I don't have much use for the Gospel of Thomas and German language resources.

Posts 269
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 18 2017 10:08 AM

Jack Caviness:

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Daniel

Thank you for the post. I purchased Stuttgart Scholarly Editions: New Testament because the dynamic price was less than NA28 with Apparatus. Thinking about returning the package and purchasing the Apparatus alone—if that is feasible. I don't have much use for the Gospel of Thomas and German language resources.

Definitely! Contact customer service and they can take care of that for you.

Product Manager, Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS