Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:03 AM

This morning I received an e-mail from Logos with a coupon code for 20% off on ICC 53-vol set. I won't post it here, but if anyone e-mails me at LARSONPJ at AOL dot COM I will forward the e-mail.

Posts 9517
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 11:04 AM

Pam,

If you get one for 50% off, let me know.

Mine was for the Spurgeon 86 volume collection for $329 which I am not interested in and consider overpriced even at this special price. Others might not. Code: AESPURGEONSALE

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 12:55 PM

I received the same offer for the ICC (Your Price with Coupon Code: $1,374.95), then after speaking with a Logos representative, he offered it at $1250.00 (still too much for me at this time, as I think I will be spending over $3-4.5K with Logos this year already and have over $3K in pre-pub...all of a sudden I'm not in any hurry for any of these titles to be released any time soon)...maybe I'll get a great offer on it again next year.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 3:22 PM

Michael G. Halpern:
I received the same offer for the ICC (Your Price with Coupon Code: $1,374.95), then after speaking with a Logos representative, he offered it at $1250.00

This is interesting I received a similar offer on ICC $920. I already own 3 ICC commentaries (Marshall on Pastoral Epistles and Cranfield, 2 vols on Romans). I'm assuming that's the reason for the lower price.

Michael G. Halpern:
I think I will be spending over $3-4.5K with Logos this year already and have over $3K in pre-pub...all of a sudden I'm not in any hurry for any of these titles to be released any time soon)...

I don't have nearly that much money invested this year, but it would not be a good feeling if everything became available in the same month.

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 3:06 AM

This raises the question once again:  Why do some get these e-mails and others do not?  (There was a question a few weeks ago about an e-mail concerning discounts on WBC and HALOT, I think...)  I did not receive this one, nor the one about WBC and HALOT.  My "mailing lists" do not include Hebrew interest, Greek interest, academic, other anciecnt languages or Macintosh inteterest groups.  Could these e-mails be targeting one of these groups?  I really would like the opportunity to get in on all of these discounts.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 95
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 4:50 AM

I'm all those lists, but i have not recieved these offers!

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 9:29 AM

Tom Geswein:

This raises the question once again:  Why do some get these e-mails and others do not?  (There was a question a few weeks ago about an e-mail concerning discounts on WBC and HALOT, I think...)  I did not receive this one, nor the one about WBC and HALOT.  My "mailing lists" do not include Hebrew interest, Greek interest, academic, other anciecnt languages or Macintosh inteterest groups.  Could these e-mails be targeting one of these groups?  I really would like the opportunity to get in on all of these discounts.

I'm the one who originally posted about WBC (which I already owned), but I did not receive the one about HALOT. I just checked my profile and I wasn't on any of the mailing lists except regional, so I changed them to get all except ipod & mac.  I hope this doesn't prevent me from getting targeted e-mail discounts in the future. Confused

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 11:13 AM

Pam Larson:

I'm the one who originally posted about WBC (which I already owned), but I did not receive the one about HALOT. I just checked my profile and I wasn't on any of the mailing lists except regional, so I changed them to get all except ipod & mac.  I hope this doesn't prevent me from getting targeted e-mail discounts in the future. Confused

Suggest you check your original email again and read again the paragraph just below the one in bold containing your coupon code.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 1:28 PM

Tom Geswein:
This raises the question once again:  Why do some get these e-mails and others do not? 

Tom, I did get an email about the ICC. But the email I got was from a sales rep who mentioned seeing that I had a few of the ICC volumes in my library. He offered to save me money on the entire set rather than buying individual volumes. I really wouldn't be interested in the entire ICC set but there are a few other vols I wouldn't mind having.

As for the WBC and HALOT discounts, I already own both and did not receive an email concerning them. As far as I know I am not on any special mailing list. Perhaps it's just one of the sales reps trolling for a sale based on what's in your library and your past purchase habits. My Logos email account is on the church computer so I do not have access to the email now or I'd take a closer look.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 1:42 PM

Daniel Bender:
Perhaps it's just one of the sales reps trolling for a sale based on what's in your library and your past purchase habits.

I don't think this is the case.  I have received nothing by way of email and discounts on purchases.   The only thing I have seen is the newswire and pre-pubs that are ready to ship real soon.  I am not financially able to spend  much now.....but would like the opportunity. 

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 2:05 PM

William Bingham:
I don't think this is the case.  I have received nothing by way of email and discounts on purchases.   The only thing I have seen is the newswire and pre-pubs that are ready to ship real soon.

William, this was the first email of this type I have ever received and the sales rep did mention that he noticed I had certain ICC volumes in my library and offered the entire set at a discount. Usually the only emails I get from Logos are those you mention getting. If there is something that you would like to add to your library I would call sales, tell them your situation, and see if they will work with you. It's worked for meSmile.

Blessings

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 2:25 PM

To those who already have and use ICC:  What makes this set valuable and useful to you compared to your other commentaries (given the age of ICC) ?

Do you find the whole set useful or just specific volumes (and if so which and why ?)

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 6:41 PM

David J. Wilson:

Suggest you check your original email again and read again the paragraph just below the one in bold containing your coupon code.

Interesting. It says "exclusive offer" and yet Michael apparently got the same e-mail. The sender was newswire at logosmail dot com, not an individual sales rep, so it must be automated somehow.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 6:50 PM

Personally, I wish we could just get a set reasonable price for things minus all the gimmicks...  (coupons for a select few, a/o call for the lowest price, etc.)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 7:21 PM

Pam Larson:
Interesting. It says "exclusive offer" and yet Michael apparently got the same e-mail. The sender was newswire at logosmail dot com, not an individual sales rep, so it must be automated somehow.

Somebody hit the "send" button. That Somebody included your email address along with Michael's but excluded other email addresses for whatever reason. Maybe you are one of the "elect!" I don't know why. It could just be a matter of scheduling, or hardware resources' limitations. Or maybe there are a limited number of titles to sell. Could be you have been identified as a user who possibly has greater disposable income than the rest of us. Or maybe you have purchased more. Or they like your name. Who knows?

If that Somebody really has a reason not to make a global offer they may eventually remove your email from the hot list if the "exclusive offers" keep getting leaked. But that assumes it is a human or a computer with human-like motivations. Computer

I only base this post on my human nature. If my kid keeps telling their siblings every treat I buy them when they are out alone with daddy, I am constrained not to indulge them to the hurt of the rest of my children. If each kid keeps quiet, they all learn it is good to walk with the father.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 604
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 7:46 PM

You may be right, Matt. I don't want to miss out on future offers. But in this case I don't think Logos would mind if people who otherwise wouldn't buy the set plunked down $1375 at one shot.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS