HELP! Can't find verse or passage etc. If I Only Had A Brain! Scarecrow

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24
Marcus Baird | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:28 AM

I know someone here can help me with what I'm looking for. I have tried to find it in Libronix or some reference but I cannot find it, probably serching wrong string.

There are some verses or passages where it talks about the fact that the Father was pleased with Christ sacrifice or pleased to offer Him or something to that angle.

Can someone lend a keystoke on this please?

Thanks,

Marcus

Posts 1143
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:36 AM

You might be thinking of Jn 10:17 and conflating that with God's statements at Jesus' baptism and the Transfiguration.

Tom

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:44 AM

Marcus Baird:

I know someone here can help me with what I'm looking for. I have tried to find it in Libronix or some reference but I cannot find it, probably serching wrong string.

There are some verses or passages where it talks about the fact that the Father was pleased with Christ sacrifice or pleased to offer Him or something to that angle.

Can someone lend a keystoke on this please?

Thanks,

Marcus

Col 1:19b-20? Eph 5:2?

(BTW, I found these by searching All Text in New Testament in All Bibles for please AND sacrifice)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1499
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:45 AM

Do you mean something like Eph.5:2?

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Posts 574
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:47 AM

Perhaps Is. 53:10? "It was the will of the Lord to crush him." (ESV)

Posts 574
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:50 AM

Actually I was really thinking of the KJV rendering of Is. 53:10: "Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him"

Posts 1499
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 10:50 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

(BTW, I found these by searching All Text in New Testament in All Bibles for please AND sacrifice)

I did the same (although I first tried to search for it in Dutch). I was also thinking about Heb 10:1-18.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 12:33 PM

This can also be derived from when Jesus was with His disciples on the mount of transfiguration. In Luke we are told that Moses & Elijah spoke of His departure which was about to be fulfilled. Then we are told that God spoke from heaven saying 'this is My Son in whom I am well pleased, listen to Him'.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS