Books did not download

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:03 PM

I have a Mac.  When I entered my e-mail address and password, all the instructions state that Logos should have downloaded all of my books.  It did not do that.  I need someone to help me with instructions on how to download all of my books from this point.

Thank you,

Michael Files

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:10 PM

Hi Michael,

Have you tried typing (without quotes) "Update Resources" in the command line (that is the one with the magnifying glass beside it.

When you type it in you should see some options start to drop down - click on Update Resources and see what happens.

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:33 PM

Mike - I did that and it shows that it is checking for updates and then just stops.  I thought that it might be working behind the scenes and uploading some other resources - but, up to now nothing new has been added.

Posts 3198
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:13 PM

Michael:

Forgive me but I want to confirm it did not. Have you looked in the Library pane to see if any of the books might have downloaded? Not everyone expects the same items to be obviously visible and I want to make sure they really aren't there rather than you just not seeing how to get to them quite yet. If you get to what I'm talking about and still do not see any books confirm for me the version of the Alpha, it should be 17. If it is, and still no books, could you take logs for me and post them? There is a link in my signature that will direct you to a post with instructions.

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:01 PM

Tommy - Thanks for your post.  There are some books available, but, Logos did not download the books that I have purchased.  I can see the following books:  Catholic Lectionary, Christian Worship Three Year Lectionary, Collins Thesaurus of the Bible, Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Test and the Hebrew Bible, God's Word translation, The Holy Bible, from the Latin Vulgate, KJV, Lexham English Bible, NAS, NAS 1995 update, NIV, and the United Methodist Lectionary.

What did not download that I have purchased separately are: Synonyms of the New TestamentDictionary of Deities and Demons in the BibleTheological Lexicon of the New Testament (3 Vols.)

Yes, I can take logs.  Thanks for any help!  Mike

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:08 PM

Tommy - Could you be more specific about the instructions for taking logs.  I clicked on your name, but, did not see any directions on posting.

Posts 3198
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:13 PM

Michael:

The link is in my signature (below this message) where it says "How to report bugs."

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:30 PM

Tommy - Since shutting down and reopening Logos 4 with the logging file change, there is now a small icon with a cross on it that says that it is downloading updates.   Do I need to do something else, or should I just let it keep downloading and see what it does?

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:42 PM

count your blessings and hope for the best - let it run its course

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3198
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:46 PM

Mike Binks:

count your blessings and hope for the best - let it run its course

tootle pip

Mike

Agreed.

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:41 PM

filesmk1:
I have a Mac.

Michael

Others have answered your download question.I wanted to add a caution. It is not safe to use your email address as your display name. Spammers troll through public forums looking for new addresses to antagonize. See http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:17 AM

Jack,  Thank you for the heads up!  I believe that I have been able to change that.  I will see with this post.    

Mike

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:22 AM

Let me try that again to see if the changes worked.

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:16 PM

filesmk:
et me try that again to see if the changes worked.

You must be missing a step somewhere. When you get it changed, you will not need to post to check. All your posts will change to the new display name.

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:25 PM

I am not sure what else to do.  I changed the name and clicked on Save Changes.  It shows that the change has been made, but, it keeps appearing the same as before.

Mike

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:44 PM

The link that Jack sent you refers to a two stage process have you completed both stages?

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 12:59 PM

Thanks everyone for your help.  I am still learning this new Logos system for MAC.

Mike

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:11 PM

filesmk1:
I am still learning this new Logos system for MAC.

I am pleased to see that you have now been successful in changing your display name. I had forgotten that it takes a few minutes for the changes to appear on the forum. Perhaps that is what happened here.

Feel free to ask for assistance anytime and for any reason. There are many here who are eager to help.

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:19 PM

Hi Filesmk1

Just so that it is not lost in the other posts ...

Did you ever find your book/s?

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 10
filesmk1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:36 PM

Yes, when I performed one of the logging procedures all of a sudden it started downloading all my books.  They are all there!  Thanks,

Mike

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS