Alpha 18 Teasers

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 56 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:32 AM

Bryan Smith:
These are great teasers if you had your Windows version install. Sad For us long time Mac users we're still not seeing a lot of upfront changes
Hi Bryan, sorry I don't understand your comment and sad face.  These teasers are for the next drop of the Mac version due next week.  How is that only for people with the Windows install?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 9
Donell Trostrud | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:30 AM

Joe Miller:

Bryan Smith:
These are great teasers if you had your Windows version install. Sad For us long time Mac users we're still not seeing a lot of upfront changes
Hi Bryan, sorry I don't understand your comment and sad face.  These teasers are for the next drop of the Mac version due next week.  How is that only for people with the Windows install?

I think Bryan is referring to postings on this particular forum that say things like:

"Editing of notes is a very big feature, and we haven't quite gotten to it yet (you'll surely see some teasers when we do!). Right now your notes from Windows will sync to the Mac, and they'll show up in resources, but not much else."

and:

"As of right now, you can't set or erase highlighting in Logos 4 Mac, but your highlighting and notes will sync from Windows"

So if you're not using Windows at all will we see anything new on our Mac versions?

As I write this my Mac is downloading some changes! I'm excited to see what's new!

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:31 AM

Donell Trostrud:
So if you're not using Windows at all will we see anything new on our Mac versions?

Do you mean something like this, perhaps?

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:53 AM

At this rate, maybe A 20 or 21 will actually be B 1...Geeked

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:07 PM

MichaelKares:
At this rate, maybe A 20 or 21 will actually be B 1...Geeked

Michael

I love your optimism. I wish it were infectious! Then I could share it. I think that we have a long way to go yet for our Alpha phase to be feature-complete, which, if I remember correctly, is when the transition is made to Beta phase of development. At that Beta stage, I think, the focus is on stability.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:03 PM

Or even this:

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:15 PM

Is it expected that the Mac Alpha will be developed enough for it to be profitable to attend the National Camp Logos June 10th & 11th?  My friend and I really want to go this year, but if it's not developed enough by that time, we don't want to learn a bunch of stuff that we can't put to use yet, and thereby end up forgetting what we learned by the time it is implemented.  Will it be worth a Mac only user (not using Windows version) going to Camp Logos this June?  Or should I wait till another time?

Jason Saling

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 3:23 PM

Jason Saling:

Is it expected that the Mac Alpha will be developed enough for it to be profitable to attend the National Camp Logos June 10th & 11th?  My friend and I really want to go this year, but if it's not developed enough by that time, we don't want to learn a bunch of stuff that we can't put to use yet, and thereby end up forgetting what we learned by the time it is implemented.  Will it be worth a Mac only user (not using Windows version) going to Camp Logos this June?  Or should I wait till another time?

Please see entry #4 in the FAQ: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6747.aspx

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 48
David Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 4:14 PM

Yes. Highlighting. Even if it is just to render what has been created under the temporary Windows version that I'm using.

It would be so helpful to me being able to see my markups for my Greek books.

iMac 21.5 inch • iPhone 3GS 

Software Engineer καὶ μαθητῆς τοῦ λόγου τοῦ θεοῦ

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 4:15 PM

Donell Trostrud:
Well, there is also this search feature from A17 that is not in the Windows version.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 9
Donell Trostrud | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:02 PM

I'm very excited about all the "teasing" for Alpha 18 that I've been shown here.  And thanks, Joe, for showing me how special I am as a Mac-only user to have something that the Windows users don't have Smile  Now I don't want this to cause any envy for all you Windows people! 

Seriously, to see the little icon that will give me a pull down menu for adding Highlighting and Notes just makes me giddy Big Smile 

I had a large update load today and my computer spent a lot of time indexing afterwords, but I didn't see any notes released about it so I guess I'll stop trying to see what's different.  I have been tempted to go the route of running the Windows version on my Mac, but I don't want to spend extra for the software it would take to do that when you guys are getting so many things working on the Mac version.  Keep up the great work everyone!

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 5:06 PM

Donell Trostrud:
I had a large update load today and my computer spent a lot of time indexing afterwords, but I didn't see any notes released about it so I guess I'll stop trying to see what's different.

The updates that went up today were new versions of books to support new features that are currently in beta for Windows users (like old-style reverse interlinear).

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 16
Garrett Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:33 PM

Notes would be AWESOME!

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:21 AM

i have to say that all this talk about new features is getting me so excited i might wet myself!  XD [maybe]

Posts 24
Nate Atkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:07 AM

This might not be a big deal for some but after an update yesterday, my Logos was open ALL NIGHT and it did not crash!  I had the same five panels open that I use during my study and nothing happened. Please keep up the good work.

Blessings

Posts 26
Aaron Cantrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 5:22 PM

What happened to Highlighting and Notes in Alpha 18?  It was teased at in this thread, but from the Release Notes for Alpha 18, it looks like it says that those features did not make it into the Mac Version.  Is that true?  I tried to find those features, but the panel said those features will come with a future alpha release.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 6:29 PM

Aaron,

A18 includes the ability to view some of the highlighting and some of the notes produced on the Windows version. Ability to actually add highlighting or notes will come later. This was not clear in the teaser.

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS