Logos 7 - New Mac-Mini Indexing Problems and some other issues ...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 26 2017 6:00 PM

Logos 7 - downloaded today

Software: 10.12.6 (16G29)
Model: Mini (Late 2014 - purchased 2017)
RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

It’s been sometime since I’ve had the opportunity to post or even use Logos. Doctors finally pretty much have given me the all clear - I’m not dying in 2016 as they said I would. Big Smile So, this is my second post today.

Been running Logos on an old Mac-Mini for years. Today it was decommissioned, as we received a new Mac-Mini (see above).

Problem 1:

Loaded Logos 7 to it today. It did not index properly (- 0%), so we called tech support and did the following per FL:

Force Quit Logos using Activity Monitor:

1. Open the Applications Folder.
2. Open the Utilities Folder.
3. Open Activity Monitor.
4. Select the CPU Tab.
5. Type logos into the search bar in the top-right.
6. Quit Logos and the Logos Indexer.

a. Select one of the items to quit and click the X button in a rectangle in the top-right corner of Activity Monitor (do not mistake it for the red radial button that closes the window). [FL this is confusing - the X is on the left side of the screen, not right]
   b. Repeat with the next Logos process.

7. Open Logos.

When we restarted Logos it began the indexing process again. Indexing then completed - 100%. Ok, but…???

Problem 2:

We turned Logos off and then restarted Logos. Logos immediately began to re-index again. We had to repeat Force Quit Logos using Activity Monitor (above).

So, Logos finished indexing and then begins to index again. Each time we have to repeat Force Quit Logos using Activity Monitor (above). All the books are downloaded and the indexing says its 100% finished. This has been going on since app 3 PM.

Problem 3:

We have had TWO Black screens today with the SWD (spinning wheel of death). Received an email regarding this issue and it stated that there should be TWO files that are to be deleted in the Force Quit Logos using Activity Monitor process - but our computer only shows ONE file to delete. 

We saw on the forum about the Automatic Graphic Switching solution, however since this is a Mac Mini so we don’t have Automatic Graphic Switching box - and we have literally every other box under Energy Saver unchecked as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Though the doctors have given me the all clear for now, it’s time for bed in a few. Enough frustrations for one day. Thanks in advance. 

PS: I used the Logger, but the file is too large to post here. 

Yours In Christ

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 28 2017 10:33 PM

Sacrifice:
Problem 2:

For this we need logs. Follow the advice at https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem  and upload the logs as indicated, using the paper-clip icon (you can delete delete old log folders and files before you start).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 2:11 AM

Thanks Dave. I was able to repair it myself by completely deleting logos and doing a new re-install. Everything now seems to be working well. Thanks again.

Yours In Christ

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS