logos 4 re-install or install newer engine

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Allen Chang | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 27 2017 4:44 PM

hello all,

I was running 4.6c SR-7 (4.63.0.0409) up until very recently when I've had to completely re-install my windows 10.  i was happy with logos 4 and hesitant to upgrade to the higher engines because of the recommended system requirements and hesitant to have a version of logos on my current computer that would be extremely sluggish.

I have tried to re-install logos 4, however, i get the following error on the installation. 

i understand there is no longer any support for logos 4 but I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem and was able to successfully re-installed logos 4?  

Posts 17240
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 11:47 PM

Guessing previous Windows configuration had more Microsoft Visual C++ runtime version(s) installed. The 32 bit Logos 4.6c SR-7 application was released on 31 Mar 2014.

When needed to reinstall Windows on some of my older laptops, also changed hard drive to Solid State Disk, which improved Windows responsiveness along with Logos.

Logos and Verbum applications can be used at the same time. Potentially could have both Logos 4 and Verbum 7 (provided have enough storage for duplication of resources and application files). Thankful for Logos 7 free Basic and Verbum Basic

Thankful for visual filters, shortcuts, favorites, collections, ... created using Logos 4 still working in Logos 7 and Verbum 7. Logos 6 => New Feature: Factbook replaced Biblical People, Places, Things.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 23450
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 30 2017 2:08 PM

Allen Chang:
I have tried to re-install logos 4, however, i get the following error on the installation. 

Try installing Visual C++ (x86)  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS