Sale Bundle Pricing Problem?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 3 2017 2:09 AM

I was considering a 40 vol. Faithlife bundle because I own 35 of the resources. 

https://www.logos.com/product/53365/lexham-press-preaching-and-teaching-bundle

I noticed however that it doesn't have the usual and far preferable 'New to You' pricing line up, where it tells you the usual cost of the individual resources you don't have then the cost in the bundle, so you can easily figure out how much you're saving. I had to figure it out manually. 

Some bundles have a higher discount than others and we might expect larger bundles to have higher  discounts, since we are buying more at once and the discount makes it worth our while. (But see below).  

For the 5 resources that are new to me in this bundle, it looks like their combined price (if bought at full - not sale - prices) is around $113. In this bundle they come to $129.41. It's true, the bundle is discounted by 50% this month so it would only cost me $64.70 but surely this can't be right.

The ones below are the five I don't have:

On a practical note, the much smaller, 15 vol. Faithlife bundle  

https://www.logos.com/product/55599/excellent-preaching-bundle has a standard discount of about 11% for the 3 resources from it I'm missing. 

Does anyone have any insight? 

Colin. 

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 5:35 AM

Colin:
I noticed however that it doesn't have the usual and far preferable 'New to You' pricing line up

Of course it does list what is new to you at the bottom of the page, marking them with a *.

I'm not sure just how the math formula works.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 6:11 AM

Thanks Bruce. 

The * is how I knew which 5 to click through to find out the individual prices. The lack of 'New to You' means that there is nowhere on the page which shows us how much we're saving - we have to do the legwork ourselves. It's easy for me in this case with just 5 books but much more difficult in packages where there are more resources which I don't have.  

Colin. 

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 3:48 PM

I was pretty sure you understood that but mentioned it in case you didn't or if others look at this thread. Having the specifics about how much one is saving is always preferred but I'm guessing it takes a lot more programming to include that in every offering.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS